Release nbox 1.0
(2014-04-09, 11:35)Kib Wrote: There is quite a bit more that needs to be reviewed for Gotham, check http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158812

Looks like quite a bit of work, but I would be content until gotham+1 if someone with the capabilities could just take a look at the epg crash bug! Big Grin
I've spent two evenings making this skin gotham compatible up to the level that I use it.

I'm not a graphical designer, so don't ask to change any graphical bits. I've done the bare minimal to get it running on gotham without too many errors.
If you run into problems feel free to let me know and I might take a look at it.
Just don't expect too much, I'm really just scratching my own itch here :-)

Much kudos to niamu for creating the skin and DjCisco for his BOX13 fork of nbox (I backported some of his changes here)

You can download the final version here.
https://github.com/wdullaer/xbmc_nbox_sk...tag/v1.1.0
(2014-06-11, 21:37)wdullaer Wrote: I've spent two evenings making this skin gotham compatible up to the level that I use it.

I'm not a graphical designer, so don't ask to change any graphical bits. I've done the bare minimal to get it running on gotham without too many errors.
If you run into problems feel free to let me know and I might take a look at it.
Just don't expect too much, I'm really just scratching my own itch here :-)

Much kudos to niamu for creating the skin and DjCisco for his BOX13 fork of nbox (I backported some of his changes here)

You can download the final version here.
https://github.com/wdullaer/xbmc_nbox_sk...tag/v1.1.0

Appreciate your efforts, these two issues still exist:

(2014-04-03, 11:50)username145 Wrote: Trying to view the EPG Timeline seems to crash XBMC/make it unresponsive.

Trying to show a "random" selection of videos from the library on the home screen doesn't work, while "recent" does

And non-critical:

(2013-08-26, 12:07)username145 Wrote: - Plot descriptions that contain paragraphs in them show up like this:

and

- While watching PVR, press "c", then "up" or "down". It takes 2 keypresses to actually scroll through the list the first time. It then works fine till you close the menu and bring it up again

Cheers!
I'll take those into account when I look at the skin again.
I don't have a tv-card to test the EPG or PVR screens on, so that'll be tricky.

I currently had to roll back to frodo as gotham freezes regularly and randomly on my raspberry pi.

I'll post here when I have news
(2014-06-13, 18:33)wdullaer Wrote: I'll take those into account when I look at the skin again.
I don't have a tv-card to test the EPG or PVR screens on, so that'll be tricky.

I currently had to roll back to frodo as gotham freezes regularly and randomly on my raspberry pi.

I'll post here when I have news

Thanks, I think there is a PVR dummy addon for testing without the hardware
(2014-06-11, 21:37)wdullaer Wrote: I've spent two evenings making this skin gotham compatible up to the level that I use it.

awesome! thanks, wdullaer!! much appreciated! I think nbox ist by far the best skin ever and the only reason I didn't upgrade from frodo. until now Wink
I hope somebody can pick this up for Helix, I am still running this on my main HTPC with Gotham, bugs and all. Still one of the leanest and consistent skins around IMO.
Hello,
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I get "Dependencies not met" message in Addons menu when trying to add this skin.
Running Gotham on latest openelec.

Anyone know of a fix?

Thanks.
(2014-10-14, 11:30)username145 Wrote: I hope somebody can pick this up for Helix

just stumbled upon this skin. its beautiful !

someone know if its working on helix?Huh
So I just wasted three evenings bringing this skin up to date with Helix.

Most of the screens should work OK.

I still don't have a PVR, so that section is not updated. Given the fact that Helix heavily overhauled that part of the skinning engine, it will now probably be horribly broken.
Unless there is massive demand for it, I'll probably not fix that in the short term.

Get your fix here: https://github.com/wdullaer/xbmc_nbox_sk...tag/v1.2.0
Again: pull requests/contributions from other members are greatly appreciated.
thanks for your time.

no pvr means i cant use my iptv playlists with this skinHuh too bad if this is true, i use iptv mostly in my cordcutter setup.
(2015-02-26, 23:21)wdullaer Wrote: So I just wasted three evenings bringing this skin up to date with Helix.

Most of the screens should work OK.

I still don't have a PVR, so that section is not updated. Given the fact that Helix heavily overhauled that part of the skinning engine, it will now probably be horribly broken.
Unless there is massive demand for it, I'll probably not fix that in the short term.

Get your fix here: https://github.com/wdullaer/xbmc_nbox_sk...tag/v1.2.0
Again: pull requests/contributions from other members are greatly appreciated.

Appreciate you picking this up, it's IMO one of the best skins ever and would have been a shame to see it remain incompatible. I'd have to add my vote for PVR though Wink

The IPTV Simple Client addon could help if you decide to implement it but don't have the hardware (not sure of the status of the PVR demo addon these days)
I released a bugfix version: the context menu was empty.

I'll look into that addon. I don't have PVR hardware, so it's hard to update the skin.

I must say: kudos to all the real skin developers. The documentation is spartan and there is very little tooling to help you. (just trying to figure out which xml file is used where takes up a lot of time)
Is it possible with this skin to show background images?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nbox 1.01