How do I apply this audio fix?
Hi everyone,

I know this isn't specifically an XBMC problem, but i feel it have a good chance of solving my ongoing hdmi audio problems between my linux pc's and pioneer receiver. This post seems to explain how to fix the problem, but after hours of googling i'm at a loss on how to apply it. The relevant bits from the post are:

Quote:I've narrowed it down to the "Pixel_Clock(HDMI)" bits (19:16) in
register AUD_CONFIG_A. The Linux driver currently sets the entire
register blindly to 0x0 (see the write to "aud_config" in
ironlake_write_eld() in drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_display.c) while it
should set those bits in accordance with the HDMI pixel clock of the
mode that is about to be set (which the Windows driver does).

Manually setting those bits to eg 0x9 (which would be the correct value
for a 1080p60 mode which uses a 148.5Mhz pixel clock) gets me working
48kHz audio (i.e. feature parity with Windows) when running in 1080p60.

(And on a big sidenote...the value 0x6, which corresponds to a
74.25/1.001 Mhz pixel clock, gets me working 44.1kHz *and* 48kHz audio
no matter what the resolution/refresh rate is...must be some kind of
Pioneer quirk...but I'm happy it exists).

The whole post can be found here: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/in...24875.html

This is for built in intel hdmi audio on ivy bridge, output of eld#3.1 for my system here: http://pastebin.com/EvwhnY2U

Any help to apply this would be absolutely fantastic, i've been wrestling with this for months!
Why don't you ask the guy on that mailing list, or see if he subsequently posted any diff files for the patch he was working on.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi touser, did you find a solution for your problem yet? (also a pioneer receiver)

Audio works fine with 1080p@24 or lower resolutions, (even 1080i works)

I'm experiencing the same issue and want to hear your findings before i start investigating myself with the source...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I apply this audio fix?0