newb needs help with proposed setup
I have done quite a bit of reading here and at the media portal website and think I can do what I want but would appreciate some advice and confirmation.

About two years ago I parked my MP1.2 setup which had dual dvb-t cards for watching and recording freebies HD. This worked really well but all the good content was on pay TV.....

I replaced this with an HD pay TV decoder and a single xbmc 11.x Live client for watching downloaded content. This was a pretty good setup that I then expanded to dual xbmc machines with a shared database using the hacks available for 11.x. This meant I could watch downloaded content in both rooms but pay TV only in the lounge....

I would like to build a combo using MP1.4 with a cam and a dual tuner dvb-s2 card connected to my pay tv satellite as a backend and then use the two xbmc machines with the latest build as the front ends.

This should let me watch HD pay TV and downloaded content in both rooms. I have a couple of questions around the xbmc side of things.

1) Will xbmc track watched status of recorded content like it does with downloaded content including resume point etc?
2) does series link and EPG search and other features work similar to MP?
3) Is xbmc live a suitable client? I see some customized versions of the windows version of xbmc but not sure what benefits these give.

Sorry for a long thread and thanks in advance fore any help.

Cheers
Matt.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
newb needs help with proposed setup0