Trying to get a tv show called "The Young And The Restless"
I'm trying to get a TV show title "The Young And The Restless". It is a tv show aired on CBS. I have searched endlessly high and low on MANY xbmc add-ons, including icefilms, 1channel, Navi-X, ProjectFreeTV, Mashup, FREECable,and many more, idk, I lost count.

I am running XBMC Frodo, version 12.2, and currently on a windows box, atm.

My point is, it is a very hard show to find. I have founds links through these channels but all of them are broken.

However, when I go to the CBS website, I can clearly see that the show very much still exist.

Can I view the show through a browser through this CBS website? Yes, but NO, she does not want that, due to the slowness, inconvenience and the commercial, ohh the commercials, but hey, can you blame her? No...

It is not for me, it is for a client.

Now, I would like to fix this correctly but if not, I would like to make a simple script to view this show "The Young And The Restless".

(It's an old soap opera)

Anyhow ...

Any help would be much more than greatly appreciated.

Furthermore, here is what I am on too...

I have the link to the TV Show and it is ... http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_young_and_t...ess/video/

Now, if I could get this link to play through XBMC, that would solve my problem.

Extended details... I created a .strm file BUT FOR SOME REASON CAN NOT GET IT TO PLAY IN xbmc. (this is my first strm file)

So, my question is, if this were you, what would you do... Step by step in simple dummy terms to avoid all confusing please.

1million invisible brownie points for whom of which can help, Wink
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

(2013-07-16, 04:54)joenobody010101 Wrote: I'm trying to get a TV show title "The Young And The Restless". It is a tv show aired on CBS. I have searched endlessly high and low on MANY xbmc add-ons, including icefilms, 1channel, Navi-X, ProjectFreeTV, Mashup,
Let's not go there. See forum_rules (wiki).

Quote:My point is, it is a very hard show to find.
Use a TV aerial or cable/satellite service?
It all must be free. Sorry about the linkage. For some reason, this show can not be found anyhwere on XBMC.

However, that will not be a problem if I can use that link somehow in XBMC.

Edited: So, if there is anyway, that I can create an strm file, that can show the new episode every time that there is actually a new episode for the lady, then that would be perfect. Thanks for the quick response and any help. Really ~

Thank you.
Since that is not my genre of TV I am not sure if that show is still in production but based on thetvdb it looks like it is and an OTA antenna will get you the channel it airs on for free...
get a capture card and record OTA and it is full HD...
יונתן בן-חיים
Yeah, I just messaged her, and I'm hoping that she does. Either way though, is there anyway that I can create an .strm file to the proper link for her tv show. I never created one, so this will be my first. I read the wiki and it seemed simple. Perhaps a little to simple, and when I tried it out, it did not work. I just simply named the file and ended it with .strm and threw the link in there that I was able to view on the website. Is there a trick to it? What am I missing.

I'm going to bed now and I'll get back to you or anyone else who responds in the morning.

It's been a long day. Very long. I think I managed to bypass 24 hours, idk, don't ask.

Thanks again. Thanks a mill.

Cheers ~
The FreeCable add-on you'd mentioned earlier can access those episodes of "The Young and the Restless" from the CBS website. However, due to various and multiple changes to the site by CBS since the add-on was released, the script used to access CBS content no longer works (the same fate befell many other channels on FreeCable). You'll need to replace the existing cbs.py file with a patched version, found here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1407869

I just tried it with the updated script and I was able to watch today's episode via FreeCable. However, keep in mind that CBS can change their site again at any time and without notice, so if you go with this add-on, don't be surprised if you get a call from your client asking you to fix her problem when the add-on breaks again.
Get the most recent version of FreeCable as described on this thread, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166099
It takes a very long time to load the episode list for this show but it does work. Be patient.
If you want to see Young and the Restless, look for the app Canada on Demand, after downloading and installing look through the options of channels and look for Global. After clicking the Global network, you will see a list of tv shows and Young and the Restless will be the last show listed.
There are no longer any full episodes of this show on Canada on Demand - Globaltv. I think there is a problem because until last week I was able to view the full episodes?
Hi Everyone,

Does anybody able to watch "The Young and The Restless" tv show? If you are able to please share your how to.

Thanks
Channel BT
Works with free cable beta.
It's now Oct 2, 2016 and the CBS script doesn't work. every other channel works fine.
Can anyone with skilz fix that script? I have cut the cord and am in need of accessing this channel for my dying friend. Much appreciated to any help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to get a tv show called "The Young And The Restless"0