[WIP]Skin epic
Hello,

I have concepted a Skin named ´epic´. I think, it´s lookis quite different than most of the other Skins.

Now to my Problems. I am just a beginner in skinning, therefore I have found a skinner here in Germany, who has started coding the Project. But he has not so much time, because he started an own Project.
I hope to find skinner, who likes the Skin concept and has time to help us.

At first, the Navigation has to be optimized. The main menue has three Panels. Now, you have to use the arrow Buttons to come from one Panel to the other. But if it is possible, then any other free button ( maybe ´j´ for jump) should toggle between the Panels, because i would like to use the arrow Buttons within the Panels .

I hope you pardon my English.

Here is the zip https://github.com/schiko/skin.epic
I suggest you make a Work In Progress post with some screenshots, some explanation and what you want help with.
There you can also find other skins in development http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=160
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
OK, I try to explain my wish. For better understanding, I send a Picture from the main menu
Image[/img]

You see 3 Panels. The Main Panel is in the middle. I want to toggle between the Panels with a button ( Maybe ´Q´ ). because I Need the arrow Buttons for Navigation within the Panels. In the Moment you have to use the right and left arrow to come to the respective Panel.
The toggle button (Q?) will also be needed in other menues to Change the views .
This is a bad idea because everyone that wants to use your skin has to change the keyboard.xml to make this button work.
Why not make it so that you can select these balls in the top, and only if they are selected left and right changes panels.
Something like that.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Hallo MassIV

thanks for your answers.
The Panels can be selected, and when they are selected, a yellow stripe in the button appears. But I dont understand, why it is so difficult, to use any free button for that Operation. I think, it would be no Problem for all users using the Keyboard for Navigation. and a remote control can be adjusted accordingly.

If you don´t know all about the Skin concept, it´s difficult to explain, why it is so important to have one button for toggling.

for example I will Show you the planned Movie menu, where the views shall be changed by pressing the toggle button

first view
Image[/img]

second view ( selected by toggle button )
Image[/img]

and any other view.....

I hope you know, what I mean
Ofcourse you can map any key you want, but you can't expect that users have to map their keys to use your skin.
The screens you've posted are views and to toggle views there is a slideout menu, so why you should toggle between views?

It's your concept and ofcourse you can add any options you want Smile
I want to try it but I can't download the .zip.
Hello jamesdm,

I tried the link once again and it runs. Curious?!?!?

If ist should run, I will give you some hints.
In the moment you navigate with the arrow keys, behause of the missing toggle button.
In the Movie mode the list and postermodes are Not ready.
The Layout in the musicmode do Not Run in the Database .

Overall, it's a very early alpha, but you can See where the Way is going to.
Thanks

Best Layout in 1080
can't you upload your skin screens unzipped to github? Github already has a feature to download the repo as zip but doesn't allow to directly download your uploaded zip-file via the web-UI. So in order to download it without checking out the repo you still have to use githubs zip feature and end up with a zip inside a zip.
The skin look nice.
@Balinus - Thanx , I've already thought, that no one but me and bg would like the look. I think, if we can be able to finish the work like it is in my mind, then more Users will Take a fancy in the skin.
First Big thing to do is to change the navigation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP]Skin epic0