Nuvola NP-1
Is this the first ARM Cortex A15 Media Player?

Processor: NVIDIA Tegra 4 Quad Core Mobile Processor with 2GB DDR3 RAM
Graphics Processor: 72 GPU
Internal Storage: 16GB Flash Memory
RJ-45 Ethernet: 10/100/1000
Wireless Dual Band: 802.11n 2x2 Mimo Wi-Fi
Bluetooth: 4.0
Output: HDMI 1.4 output w/Audio
I/O: 1x USB 2.0 / 1x USB 3.0
External Storage: MicroSD Slot
Size: 90mm (w) x 100mm (l) x30mm (h)
Streaming Video Support: 4K UltraHD (3840x2160), HD (1920x1080), SD (720x480)
Operating System: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS
Power: DV 5V
Bundled Movies: 10
Preinstalled Video Apps: NanoTech Video Player, NetFlix, Hulu, Fun Little Movies, VODWiz, Amazon Prime, YouTube, IMDB, NanoTales, XBMC
Preinstalled Audio Apps: Pandora, iHeartRadio
Preinstalled Social Apps: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Preinstalled Communication Apps: NanoVOX, Skype
Preinstalled Games: Repulze, Angry Birds, Mini Golf Matchup, Life is Magic, Steampunk Racing 3D, Tank Hero
Supported Video Formats: MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, OOG (H.264)
Supported Audio Formats: AAC, FLAC, MP3, WAV
Supported Image Formats: BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG

http://www.nuvola4k.com/index.php
Seen this today. Looks interesting for sure! Android is a big negative for me right now, but I'll keep an eye on it...

$299.... for android box.........HuhHuhHuh?
Quote:The Nuvola NP-1 supports current 4K UltraHD video using the H.264 compression, and will be automatically updated with the latest H.265 (HEVC) codecs as they become available.

not sure if technically possible... A software update for H.265 support?
It sounds like they might actually have H.265 hardware support, but might simply lock it for now and be software unlocking it later because of patents and other crazyness might dictate when they can enable it.

If so, an ARM box with an h.265 hardware decoder is a pretty kick ass deal.
(2013-07-16, 18:58)Dave_qp Wrote: Is this the first ARM Cortex A15 Media Player?

I've been a bit underwhelmed by the quality of the current Android TV boxes. I would be prepared to pay this much for a device that works perfectly, ie 1080p playback through xbmc, gapless Spotify playback, and compatibility with Google Play Music so it doesn't just play the first track and then play silence as do the RK3188 boxes like the CS918 and RK42.

I wonder what their global distribution costs...

Mark
Subscribed!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Will this ever be released? Even the pre order button is no longer active ...
Quote:Will this ever be released? Even the pre order button is no longer active ...

IDK, but the specs are almost identical to the Mad Cats M.O.J.O. You would probably get better support to since madcats is a bigger company.
(2013-12-01, 01:40)calev Wrote:
Quote:Will this ever be released? Even the pre order button is no longer active ...

IDK, but the specs are almost identical to the Mad Cats M.O.J.O. You would probably get better support to since madcats is a bigger company.
Not planning to buy overpriced ouya Smile
Just wondering what happened ...
(2013-07-17, 11:18)solamnic Wrote: $299.... for android box.........HuhHuhHuh?

^this

For that price it would want to have something pretty special over all the other little black android boxes on the market

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nuvola NP-11