Please help and advise
Feel free to poke me if you need any help. Audio is normally just some minor adjustment. Not sure what issues would be giving you problems on USB hard drives, though. Hmm.
Well i figured out the audio and also was told thru some research the linus does not support 3tb hdd in hfs format

I do have a few other question though. With linux will ATV1 play 1080p h264 downloads , cause i am having a lot of issues.

(2013-07-22, 03:46)Ned Scott Wrote: Feel free to poke me if you need any help. Audio is normally just some minor adjustment. Not sure what issues would be giving you problems on USB hard drives, though. Hmm.
With a Broadcom Crystal HD (wiki) card, the ATV1 can playback just about anything in 1080.
Ned I have that and still i get a tone of buffering issues and it also when you select a movie to play it takes a good 30 sec to even start to play and that is if it plays. i will try to send you my last debug log , it's a bit long ,but it should be able to show these issues
Buffering issues are more likely to do with either a problem on your sever, or the network between your server and the ATV.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
you think so nickr i had the same issue when i was running xbmc on top of the Mac OS. I have not tried to connect the hdd directly to the ATV since i change it to linux. Nickr what sort of issuesn are we talking about.
What issues are you referring to? What exactly are you seeing? By buffering I mean where a gui element comes up and is clearly catching up on downloading. But what are you seeing?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I mean it actually start to play a movie and then it stops and says buffering then it will play for a few minutes (if lucky) and then it will do the same . Though Ned scott says that the ATV1 is the best system out there, i have not yet been able to have it play a 1080p h264 mkv file without these issues
What does the codec debug info say on screen (O on your keyboard)?

What does a debug log say?

Is hardware acceleration turned on?

Where is the file stored? On a NAS? On a connected hard drive?
Well i have all the movies on a hdd that has been attached to a netgear router as a readyshare drive and i have also had it directly attache to the atv. do you want to see my debug log
yes nickr it is turn on as it shows my crystal hd detected
Often those routers with builtin nas capability simply aren't up to the mark for sharing media, it has been discussed on here before.

Post your debug log showing the error to xbmclogs.com and post the link here.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=38894
So guys based off my log should i change anything
don't bump so soon. Read the forum rules. Some of us have lives off the intarwebz.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help and advise0