EcosmartPC Testimonial
Hey all,

[Just FYI, this post is gonna be flagrant praise for Doug Kenyon, who runs Ecosmartpc.com. If you have no interest in such a thing, feel free to move on. But if you're considering buying something from Doug, hopefully this will help you make your decision.]

As you can quickly tell, I'm not really a presence on this forum. I did, however, do a lot of lurking as I prepared to build my HTPC recently. I used to be able to build a barebones computer without a hiccup in my younger days, but it'd been about 10 years since I'd tried. After a bunch of research and hand-wringing, I settled on my build and bought my parts, which included Doug's E-i7 EcosmartPC case.

When I got everything and commenced to actually try and build my HTPC, the damn thing wouldn't power up. I googled like crazy and contacted my MB manufacturer (Gigabyte) and still had no idea what was wrong. Since it had been so long since I had tried such an endeavor, I was pretty sure I was just being a dumbass, but didn't really have anyone to confirm. At this point, I reached out to Doug and explained the situation. It's worth noting that this HTPC was a self-reward for getting a new job, which also required me to move my home/life, so my internet access was less than consistent. Despite my dumbassery and slow response time, however, Doug was not only tolerant but went above and beyond to help me get my shit together. After a bunch of pictures and troubleshooting and replacement parts that he was in no way obligated to send me, it turned out my motherboard was DOA. Got a new one, and now it runs like a dream.

Not only would I never have figured that out without Doug's help, but he gave me all this help when the problem had literally nothing to do with the product he sold me. (I only bought a case from him, everything else was NewEgg/Amazon). I think I've left reviews for about 2 things ever in my life, but Doug was so fucking incredibly nice and helpful that I felt like I owed him this much. If you're on the fence about buying from him, or just looking for a good place to start, you can't go wrong with Doug and EcosmartPC. As much as I hope this thing lasts for a while, I know where I'll be going when it's time to get a new one.

OH YEAH: http://www.ecosmartpc.com
Yes, "Dougie Fresh" is a major contributor here and not just someone out to make a quick buck. Thanks for your input.
I'm about to order a build from him in a few days,still working out all the details. I priced different setups with different hardware and still he was cheaper with what I was wanting to do.
I had numerous questions as to what to do and he answered all my questions honestly.
I did my homework first and saw (from the forums) that he was a legit guy not trying to rip anybody off.
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000 for Dougie.... Wink
Thanks, Kelly. I appreciate the post. I am just happy you've got everything up and running!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EcosmartPC Testimonial0