NFS browsing issue
I'm experiencing a weird problem and trying to identify the cause of the problem and not sure where it is happening.     I recently put a Mikrotik RB750GR3 in place to replace my (2) consumer grade TP-Link WDR4300 router/access point and the TP-Link  devices have been relegated to AP's for now until I can get to configuring the Unifi UAP-AC-PRO.

Anyway, I've split up my network to 4 VLANs (LAN, KIDS, IoT, Guest) and I can get devices to get IP addresses, browse the internet, etc but when I put my Kodi box on the IoT VLAN and my Synology NAS on the same VLAN I can ping, etc       I can mount NFS directly within the LibreELEC OS no problem, but from Kodi I cannot seem to do "NFS Browsing"  or it is really slow in getting info from the NAS share.

I'm not sure if this is related to avahi not being in the MikroTik and the Mikrotik doesn't have on by default and I've added the Multicast package but I'm not sure what I would need to configure for this as far as IGMP or PIM(?) is concerned besides default setup in Winbox.   I'm trying to setup a VM running CentOS (rather than Ubuntu) on my computer to run an an avahi-daemon but struggling with getting the VM to get network connectivity at this point on a VLAN via the trunked port on the host side.   Not sure if I'm wasting my time trying to setup a VM for avahi if this is not the source of the problem
https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php...hi#p543352

Should the NFS browsing just work without the avahi setup?     Even if the mount point is setup (as it was prior to introducing the MIkrotik) it doesn't play any of the media attached to the drive as it just sits there spinning its wheels.

At this point my next step might be trying to mount these file systems on the Linux LibreELEC OS side and referring to the file systems through the local disk within Kodi and see if that works but I'm baffled as to why the NFS browsing isn't working.      Is it timing out talking to the Mikrotik trying to query for available NFS servers?    However I've put in accept all traffic inbound on the interfaces to the router changing from drop as part of troubleshooting.      I would think it is just doing direct connectivity between the Kodi box and the NAS.
Just a note from my personal experience, i have NEVER had NFS browsing in kodi working.  I have noticed that if its NFS3 sometimes were browsable, but mine are NFS4 and they dont show up like that.  

If i follow this: http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sourc...te_sources and add a network location for the NFS then it works.

You might want to post a debug log to have others look at it and see if they can figure out whats wrong.  Its weird even if you mount it that you cant see it.  Maybe check permissions on the NFS export to make sure all vlans are covered if you lock down via IP

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
Please post an issue with your question to the upstream developer of libnfs http://GitHub.com/sahlberg/libnfs and ask what is needed to discover nfs servers - I know it's not avahi - and it works on my network with a Debian based nas since ages automatically ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Done
https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs/issues/232
(2017-11-21, 20:44)wyild1 Wrote: Just a note from my personal experience, i have NEVER had NFS browsing in kodi working.
Only from time to time, when using an older Synology NAS, where the 'insecure' parameter had to be changed into 'insecure_lock'. But on Ubuntu's NFS server, I was always able to browse using Kodi's internal NFS functionality.
I just updated to the LIB NFS issue log with this as well but here's my update....

OK status update....   I just tried mounting within LibreELEC and I was able to mount the file systems this way but then I ended up with duplicate entries in the Kodi list so if I selected the first one it would start timing out, etc    I'm not sure if I tried the second link or not but then I got an idea (see below)

....because it as trying to reference an old link to my old IP address of my NAS I believe (my theory)   (I changed my NAS IP from 192.168.1.5 to various IPs such as 192.168.88.5 (MGMT), 192.168,10.5 (LAN), 192.168.20.5 (KIDS), 192.168.30.5 (IoT) (and possibly 192.168.50.5 but I'm not mounting NAS on my Guest network at this point Smile)

So anyway a couple of days ago when I started to experience this issue after changing my network design at home; I had seen references to 192.168.1.5 in various files by checking via  find ("find /storage -exec egrep 192.168.1.5 {} \;") and saw the old IP address of my NAS in a list of all my content.     I thought about cleaning up the database so I had tried the "Clean" options in the menus in KODI but that doesn't remove the content or tell it to rescan for location changes I guess.

I just ended up going into the Kodi User Data and removing "MyVideos" and "MyMusic" DB and rebooting LibreELEC and then KODI showed no existing content, etc.   I went and added the sources via nfs browsing and voila it worked instantly as it wasn't timing out on the old 192.168.1.5 IP for my NAS and was showing up as 192.168.30.5 (my Internet of Things (IoT) segment (for my TV/AV equipment like TV, Kodi box, Apple TV, HD HomeRun, AV Receiver, BluRay player, thermostat, etc - my attempt to separate from my home network stuff)

When I went to add it had already picked up my /storage/Movies, /storage/music so I had to rename Movies (2) after removing these sources manually and then subsequently going into LibreELEC and removing the OS side mount.

I guess now I have to look at undoing some of the experimental changes to the NAS mounts and turning off UPnP on the Miktrotik now that I have resolved this I guess as that shouldn't be needed for this purpose at least at this point due to this NAS mount.  Mikrotik leaves UPnP off by default so not needed for this.

LibreELEC (official): 8.2.1 (Generic.x86_64)
LibreELEC:~ # df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
devtmpfs                892.9M    202.8M    690.1M  23% /dev
/dev/sda1               511.0M    214.8M    296.2M  42% /flash
/dev/sda2                14.1G      4.0G     10.1G  28% /storage
/dev/loop0              202.9M    202.9M         0 100% /
tmpfs                   895.5M         0    895.5M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                   895.5M      6.7M    888.8M   1% /run
tmpfs                   895.5M         0    895.5M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs                   895.5M      2.0M    893.5M   0% /var
tmpfs                   895.5M      4.0K    895.5M   0% /tmp
192.168.30.5:/volume1/quasararchive
                          7.2T      6.3T    934.3G  87% /storage/quasararchive
192.168.30.5:/volume1/music
                          7.2T      6.3T    934.3G  87% /storage/music
192.168.30.5:/volume1/TVShows
                          7.2T      6.3T    934.3G  87% /storage/TVShows
192.168.30.5:/volume1/quasar
                          7.2T      6.3T    934.3G  87% /storage/quasar
192.168.30.5:/volume1/Movies
                          7.2T      6.3T    934.3G  87% /storage/Movies
192.168.30.5:/volume1/Pictures
                          7.2T      6.3T    934.3G  87% /storage/Pictures
192.168.30.5:/volume1/downloads
                          7.2T      6.3T    934.3G  87% /storage/downloads
LibreELEC:~ # umount /storage/TVShows/
LibreELEC:~ # umount /storage/music/
LibreELEC:~ # umount /storage/Pictures/
LibreELEC:~ # umount /storage/downloads/
LibreELEC:~ # umount /storage/Movies/
LibreELEC:~ # cd /storage/.config/system.d/
LibreELEC:~/.config/system.d # ls -l
total 76
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         28816 Feb  6  2017 README
-rw-rw-r--    1 root     root          1772 Nov 20 00:38 cifs.mount.sample
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Nov 22 10:06 multi-user.target.wants
-rw-rw-r--    1 root     root          1729 Nov 20 00:38 nfs.mount.sample
-rw-rw-r--    1 root     root          1145 Nov 20 00:38 openvpn.service.sample
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1738 Nov 22 09:59 storage-Movies.mount
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1744 Nov 22 10:00 storage-Pictures.mount
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1741 Nov 22 10:00 storage-TVShows.mount
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1747 Nov 22 09:57 storage-downloads.mount
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1735 Nov 22 10:00 storage-music.mount
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1738 Nov 19 04:57 storage-quasar.mount
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1760 Nov 19 04:57 storage-quasararchive.mount
LibreELEC:~/.config/system.d # mkdir disabled
LibreELEC:~/.config/system.d # mv storage-downloads.mount storage-music.mount storage-TVShows.mount storage-Pictures.mount storage-Movies.mount disabled/
LibreELEC:~/.config/system.d # ls -l
total 60
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         28816 Feb  6  2017 README
-rw-rw-r--    1 root     root          1772 Nov 20 00:38 cifs.mount.sample
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Nov 23 02:38 disabled
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Nov 22 10:06 multi-user.target.wants
-rw-rw-r--    1 root     root          1729 Nov 20 00:38 nfs.mount.sample
-rw-rw-r--    1 root     root          1145 Nov 20 00:38 openvpn.service.sample
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1738 Nov 19 04:57 storage-quasar.mount
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          1760 Nov 19 04:57 storage-quasararchive.mount
LibreELEC:~/.config/system.d # reboot

At this point I tried playing content that has already been indexed and await the rest of it to be reindexed.

Thanks all for the input/help.   Hope this helps someone else in the future if they end up changing their IP address of their NAS/server that acts as an NFS/SMB server.   I guess I'll have to setup an internal DNS server to avoid this stuff (but I'd probably want to do NAS-IoT, NAS-LAN, etc to prevent going to the wrong interface though) but now that I know what the issue is I know what to avoid and I don't plan on re-IPing my network again.
So long story it wasn't an NFS or Mikrotik issue but the database within KODI for all of the content on my NAS share referenced by the old IP address of the NAS before i split it up onto various VLAN segments.
Perhaps it's not the source of your problems, but having that many Quasar references on your system will not get you support next time. It's the name of a well-known banned add-on.
oh I don't really use it anymore but point taken, just an old NFS mount  Smile
(2017-11-21, 19:27)bolmsted Wrote: I'm experiencing a weird problem and trying to identify the cause of the problem and not sure where it is happening.     I recently put a Mikrotik RB750GR3 in place to replace my (2) consumer grade TP-Link WDR4300 router/access point and the TP-Link  devices have been relegated to AP's for now until I can get to configuring the Unifi UAP-AC-PRO.

Anyway, I've split up my network to 4 VLANs (LAN, KIDS, IoT, Guest) and I can get devices to get IP addresses, browse the internet, etc but when I put my Kodi box on the IoT VLAN and my Synology NAS on the same VLAN I can ping, etc       I can mount NFS directly within the LibreELEC OS no problem, but from Kodi I cannot seem to do "NFS Browsing"  or it is really slow in getting info from the NAS share.

I'm not sure if this is related to avahi not being in the MikroTik and the Mikrotik doesn't have on by default and I've added the Multicast package but I'm not sure what I would need to configure for this as far as IGMP or PIM(?) is concerned besides default setup in Winbox.   I'm trying to setup a VM running CentOS (rather than Ubuntu) on my computer to run an an avahi-daemon but struggling with getting the VM to get network connectivity at this point on a VLAN via the trunked port on the host side.   Not sure if I'm wasting my time trying to setup a VM for avahi if this is not the source of the problem
https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php...hi#p543352

Should the NFS browsing just work without the avahi setup?     Even if the mount point is setup (as it was prior to introducing the MIkrotik) it doesn't play any of the media attached to the drive as it just sits there spinning its wheels.

At this point my next step might be trying to mount these file systems on the Linux LibreELEC OS side and referring to the file systems through the local disk within Kodi and see if that works but I'm baffled as to why the NFS browsing isn't working.      Is it timing out talking to the Mikrotik trying to query for available NFS servers?    However I've put in accept all traffic inbound on the interfaces to the router changing from drop as part of troubleshooting.      I would think it is just doing direct connectivity between the Kodi box and the NAS.
I am having this issue as well:  My scenario is as follows:

Existing Synology Nas1 (DSM5.4 DS3615xs)
NFS share  =  Synology1IP:/volume1/MediaCtr
Map all users to admin/root
allow connection from *
allow from privileged ports
Maria DB 5

Clients = Windows 10 (Kodi 17.4 Upgrade from previous version), RasPi (OSMC Upgraded from previous version), Linux (Kodi upgraded from previous version)

ALL WORKING and can browse NFS!

New Synology NAS2 (DSM6.1.3 DS3615xs)
NFS share  =  Synology2IP:/volume2/MediaCtr
Map all users to admin/root
allow connection from *
allow from privileged ports
MariaDB 10

Clients = Windows 10 (Kodi 17.6 Fresh New install), Linux (Kodi Fresh New install)

Neither client can browse NFS!!!  Linux can browse NFS natively, and I can mount the NFS volume in both Linux (Mint 17.4 Cinnamon if it matters) and Kodi (on both Windows and Linux), but Kodi cannot browse for NFS on the network.

Original Clients from SynologyNAS1 can browse NFS and see the NFS share on SynologyNAS2.
New 17.6 clients cannot browse.  As an aside, nor can they connect to MariaDB10, but that is not the same issue.  I'll create another ticket for this issue.

I can supply anyone with logs, captures, etc... This is the only thing holding me up from retiring my old NAS1.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS browsing issue0