Watched Icon Missing
Hello everyone,

I'm using this skin and I love it, but unfortunately i'm having an issue with the watch icon, it's missing Sad

I attached a screenshot, hope someone can help me

It's that black triangle with the blue dot in it.
Really?!?!

Is there any way to change the icon to another thing? Big Grin
Yes there is, but it requires a bit of work:

- Download TexturePacker.
- Extract it. If there is no "media" folder among the contents extracted, create one.
- Place your image file of dimensions 192x192 named "overlaywatched.png" inside the "media" folder.
- Run "TexturePacker.bat". It will create a file named "Textures.xbt".
- Rename it to something else, making sure you keep the .xbt extension, and copy it to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\skin.ace\media
- Open XBMC, go to Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> Theme -> Select your new theme.

Basically you've just created a new theme, with only one image in it. XBMC will use the default files from the original Textures.xbt for the remaining images. In the link I provided above I have included a modified sample of the "overlaywatched.png" if you want to work on that (it's the one I use). Don't forget that if the skin gets updated, the new theme will be lost, and you'll have to copy it again.
Thank you very much for your help, much appreciated!
Would it be possible for someone to post a small package of some "overlaywatched.png" in different color/style so we could easily change in in the theme? I don't know how to create one at all...
CutSickAss ~ If I'm running Linux (Raspberry Pi) I should be able to change the icon without making a "blank" theme, correct? I have root access and that allows me to change folder contents. So in essence if I change overlaywatched.png to my own custom image in 192*192.png format then all should be well! I wouldn't be changing file system designations so it shouldn't "brick" the OS.

I'm going to try it and if it bricks then I can start fresh in no time!
All textures are placed inside the file Textures.xbt. Unless you have a way of accessing or uncompressing that, my suggestion is your best option.
OK Thanks!

*Edit*

I figured it out with your help and a bit of searching! In a Linux system the files are stored in a different location. In my case I am using XBian as the distro, running 12.2 Stable on my rPi Model B. Here's how I did it with your guidance:

1.) I downloaded the Texture Packer files.
2.) I downloaded a simple .png (192px by 192px)
3.) The media folder was already present so I just added the new .png to said folder
4.) I ran the .bat
5.) I renamed the newly formed .xbt file
Now came the tricky part for me...
6.) I tunneled in via SSH (WinSCP) and did a search for *.xbt, upon finding it's location (/home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/skin.ace/media) I added custom.xbt
7.) I then checked my work (Settings--> Appearance--> Skin--> Theme--> Selected My Theme)
8.) Went to movie folder and confirmed/denied that it worked and there it is!

Thanks a heap! Now I'm going to make several themes and play with settings.
I'll try that too and I was about to ask you how to modify the media case file when I realized that it would be odd looking to have small or nearly none media case for all but sets because when you use the wall view without media case you got 4 rows of movies and that's pretty convenient to navigate one's media library and with the media label bar there's just no use for the media case with the associated icon (disabling it doesn't change a thing) : it's just wasted screen !

There are 3 things I'll do to make this skin really worth it's name and take the number one position :

1/ modify the big media case and it's icon for something less deflecting, display sets in a more obvious way and set the screen to 4 rows wall

2/ get rid of the 'scrolling trap' that all skins exhibit : the movie/set/whatever that's in focus is never big enough to pop in front of the others (try a search and let xbmc brings you to the result and find.. the bigger your screen the longer it'll take to catch the result) (and that poppy move to jump from one to another thumb is also either not fast enough, in the poppy effect or just a waste of cycles) and they all scroll to the edge of the screen, leaving you blind of what's coming. So you're scrolling and you're looking behing... Not a nice interface I'd say.. Limiting the displacement of the focused thumb and moving the screen around is a much more efficient, modern and appealing.

- and then there's the search party. Let's say that you have a collection. From many media. The media case makes it's point there as it helps me to recognize categories on sight but when I'm willing to go through blu-rays maybe it's annoying to scroll (again) through my all media library. Of course xbmc, I assume, provides libraries for this that you implemented through your search option, but the results are these of xbmc : title, date, actor, year and whatever. What if I want to see only my sets ? Or DVDs ? With an updated display on the information bar that would make the better media manager (skin) I've tried since I first installed xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watched Icon Missing0