autostart playlist
Hi

Is there anyway I can get a playlist to autostart when I click on it? I've currently added it as a favourite and then added the favourite as a widget. But when I click on it, it just open the playlist rather than starting to play it. Ideally it'll immediately start playing as some of the other skins allow.

Cheers
Take a look at this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1456229
That was my original post in the general forum, thought I'd try in the skin specific forum. My daughter is only two and I've set it up on a tablet so she can watch some of her shows. I really just want her to be able to click on her show and it start.
(2013-07-18, 13:33)laviscus Wrote: That was my original post in the general forum, thought I'd try in the skin specific forum. My daughter is only two and I've set it up on a tablet so she can watch some of her shows. I really just want her to be able to click on her show and it start.

Here is a line of code that plays a playlist called 'partymode'.
I basically went to home.xml and changed one of the buttons to do this when it was clicked.
(of course change to reflect your path and playlist name)

Code:
<onclick>PlayMedia(special://profile/playlists/music/partymode.xsp)</onclick>

or,
If I remember correctly, you can use the Custom button feature from Aeon Nox and assign your favorite to it. When I did this with a music playlist, it sensed that it was in fact a playlist and asked if I would like to start it playing when loaded to which I answered yes. Now when I click on that button, it automatically starts playing the music.
That's great thanks very much. Do you know which of the xml files contains the code for the widgets that I'd need to add the above to, is it still within home.xml?
Not sure.... Aeon Nox has a lot going on under the hood.
Easiest way would be to find a button not being used and just swap out the <onclick> code and see what happens. Of course, make a backup of file first.

Easier yet would be to assign your playlist to one of the custom buttons.
I'd really like it to have a few favourites displayed togethe as thumbnails. I've tried to work out where the skin calls the favourites but without much luck. Anyone any ideas? Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
autostart playlist0