Automatically clean data base when starting XBMC?
How can the data base automatically be cleaned, delete orphan entries each time (or each second, third time etc.) XBMC starts (or closes)? Instead of doing it manually by clicking "CleanLibrary(Video).
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
Put this in your advancedsettings.xml.

Code:
<videolibrary>
    <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
</videolibrary>
Things to take into consideration when using this advancedsetting:

If at any point your sources are not available (eg. network problem) your entire database will be cleaned out.
(2013-07-18, 13:44)Kibje Wrote: Things to take into consideration when using this advancedsetting:

If at any point your sources are not available (eg. network problem) your entire database will be cleaned out.

Something to consider for the future

mark library items as N/A (soft clean) and don't show them in UI. If source is on-line again items can be marked as AVAILABLE and could be shown in UI without the need to scrape metadata again.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

There is a GSOC project that aims to do just this.
One can't make a suggestion nowadays - it's either there or on the way Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Many thanks for the code, Hitcher.

Quote:If at any point your sources are not available (eg. network problem) your entire database will be cleaned out.
So, the worst case would be all of the information in the db would be deleted, that would mean the information for all of my movies, videos had to be downloaded by a scraper again, respectively edited, downloaded manually, if there would be no informationen available. The videos themselves never could be deleted autoamtically.

Many thanks.
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
I'd love to be able to specify a "test" file from my NAS. If XBMC can get to that file, then go ahead and update/clean the library. If it can't, leave the library alone.
(2013-07-18, 20:53)theredguy Wrote: I'd love to be able to specify a "test" file from my NAS. If XBMC can get to that file, then go ahead and update/clean the library. If it can't, leave the library alone.
You can run a script at system startup that ensures your NAS is awake and the media files accessible before launching XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatically clean data base when starting XBMC?0