Win Graphics card required for XBMC?
Hi there,

I just finished a custom build and am having some issues with XBMC playback and MKV files. The files come straight from MakeMKV and a blu ray source. I have tried the following solutions:

VLC as a player
DSPlayer (which works perfectly outside of XBMC but has microstuttering within it)
Changing the audio settings found as common solutions for microstuttering (I have tried literally every setting, I spent upwards of 5 hours searching the forums)
Various codecs with DSPlayer (LAV Splitter worked the best out of every combination I tried, but still not perfect)
Gotham builds. Somewhat better but still an issue

My setup is a AMD A6-3500 3 core with a AMD 6490 graphics card and 8GB of RAM. (Win 8 as well if that is relevant) I feel like it is more than enough power for decoding 1080p VC1 MKV files, but maybe it isn't? I was considering upgrading the graphics card, but I don't know how to proceed. The CPU usage has never gone above 20% when in playback mode. Any suggestions?

The card I am mulling switching to is a 6570 which has approximately 3-4x the performance if benchmarks are to be believed. Before I spend more money, I just wanted some insight to if this would even help.
I am going to bite the bullet and go for the gfx upgrade. If anyone else is having this issue, this article helped me a lot:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4380/discr...s-shootout
This article is bit outdated :)
It is! I would love to look at a newer one if you know of one. But it does involve the level of card that I was looking at.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Graphics card required for XBMC?0