Need some help here in XBMC on mapping a network to my iMac hard drive
I'm running a Raspberry Pi on my tv and want to stream movies from my iMac's hard drive. I have tried searching and found plenty of how-to's but all are dealing with windows it seems. I've ran into a road block here, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I first went to my Sharing settings on my Mac and added the folder I want to share. I went into options turned file sharing on and enabled AFP and Windows (SMB). Now in XBMC I went to Video > Files > Add Video > and then went into Windows Network SMB. I managed to find JAY'S-IMAC-3 but when I go and select it it tells me Error: Operation not permitted? Anybody know what's going on here?

Here is what it looks like in my settings. I went ahead and set Everyone to Read Only but am not sure if I was supposed to do this or not?

Hi, You will have to manually add the IP of your shared drive (at the bottom of the browse network list). AFP or SMB will work, put in the IP address (afp://192.168.1.105) and your user name and password you have set. Once it is added you will be able to select folders from within the directory.
(2013-07-20, 03:29)benjennison Wrote: Hi, You will have to manually add the IP of your shared drive (at the bottom of the browse network list). AFP or SMB will work, put in the IP address (afp://192.168.1.105) and your user name and password you have set. Once it is added you will be able to select folders from within the directory.
Ok so I went into my Apple menu and network and used the IP address from here. I went and put it down at the bottom before browsing but its still giving me "Operation not permitted". Could it be that I'm not using my correct IP address or maybe inputting this info in the wrong place?UndecidedSad

Hi, Just make sure you go (add video/ browse/ add network location/ ) then select the protocol and address there. The share should now appear in the list.
(2013-07-20, 05:11)benjennison Wrote: Hi, Just make sure you go (add video/ browse/ add network location/ ) then select the protocol and address there. The share should now appear in the list.
Ughh if its not one thing it's another. I input my info using my Mac username as well as password and IP. It's gotta be the IP from my Mac and not Pi correct? I am now getting Error Invalid argument. It did allow me to add anyway and shows something like smb://192.168.1.100 but getting that error now.

I appreciate the help Ben not sure what else I can try.
Yeh, I'm not sure sorry. Only thing i can suggest is double check when entering the location only add the IP number (192.168.1.100) not the full address smb://192.168.1.100 and select the smb protocol in the top box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need some help here in XBMC on mapping a network to my iMac hard drive0