XBMC - Changing a Poster ???????
Hey all,

I'm trying to change a poster for a movie/movies and no matter what I do, .. it always reverts back to the original poster.
delete movie, clean database, delete Movie Sourrce Folder,.. Clean Database, add Source folder back ...

This this is OBSESSED!!!!! Wink

Can anyone tell me how to clear out a movie or source folders poster cache?

Maybe delete a file, .. and XBMC will rebuild the posters using the new ones?

thanks
Legion

PS not using GIT, .. latest Frodo, on Intel NUC/Wiin8/Aeon Nox
I added an advanced setting "clean-on-update" but that didn't seem to do anything ...

so guys, how do I change a movie poster or cover?

On my Win8, I found the thumbnail folder and teh files,... is it just a matter of going thru those and deleting posters that aren't wanted?

Another stupid question, .. if I were to delet all movies from the collection, .. could I just delet all of the thumbnail folders? .. and then XBMC would rebuild from scratch as I added new movies?

or, can one just delete the folders w/o deleting movies from XBMC, and they will get rebuilt anyway?

or, is this a no-no?

thanks
Legion
You could try the Texture Cache Maintenance utility to interrogate your texture cache, purge unwanted artwork, or remove and re-cache specific artwork.

(2013-07-20, 16:00)Legion455 Wrote: Another stupid question, .. if I were to delet all movies from the collection, .. could I just delet all of the thumbnail folders? .. and then XBMC would rebuild from scratch as I added new movies?

or, can one just delete the folders w/o deleting movies from XBMC, and they will get rebuilt anyway?

You could delete your Thumbnails folder, but then you should also delete your Textures13.db, and after restarting XBMC your artwork will be re-cached slowly as you view items in the GUI. Or run the above script to re-cache everything automatically.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Did you try using 'Change Artwork/Poster' option in the info screen?
(2013-07-20, 20:27)Hitcher Wrote: Did you try using 'Change Artwork/Poster' option in the info screen?

yes, you can change the poster by using a different filename.... but it isn't permanent,..
if you delete the movie , then update library, then the old poster comes back.

If you edit the poster file, ... *-poster.jpg that never works,... as XBMC always displays original file, and not the edited one.

no matter what I do, the "first" movie poster that XBMC sees for that movie is LOCKED IN!

(2013-07-20, 19:53)MilhouseVH Wrote: You could try the Texture Cache Maintenance utility to interrogate your texture cache, purge unwanted artwork, or remove and re-cache specific artwork.

(2013-07-20, 16:00)Legion455 Wrote: Another stupid question, .. if I were to delet all movies from the collection, .. could I just delet all of the thumbnail folders? .. and then XBMC would rebuild from scratch as I added new movies?

You could delete your Thumbnails folder, but then you should also delete your Textures13.db, and after restarting XBMC your artwork will be re-cached slowly as you view items in the GUI. Or run the above script to re-cache everything automatically.

thanks, but I'm thinking this must be for GIT version only? Sad
(2013-07-20, 20:34)Legion455 Wrote:
(2013-07-20, 20:27)Hitcher Wrote: Did you try using 'Change Artwork/Poster' option in the info screen?

yes, you can change the poster by using a different filename.... but it isn't permanent,..
if you delete the movie , then update library, then the old poster comes back.

If you edit the poster file, ... *-poster.jpg that never works,... as XBMC always displays original file, and not the edited one.

no matter what I do, the "first" movie poster that XBMC sees for that movie is LOCKED IN!
Yes but once you've got all the images how you want them you can export your library (single files) and the correct images will be stored in your movies folders.
(2013-07-20, 21:28)Hitcher Wrote: Yes but once you've got all the images how you want them you can export your library (single files) and the correct images will be stored in your movies folders.

Even when the cache is stale, which seems to be the OP's problem? I'm guessing the export will simpy write out the old, stale artwork from the cache. Updating local artwork while keeping the same name (ie. folder.jpg) often results in this "stickiness" problem, with the cache showing stale (old) artwork.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I think I have it figured out,...

Looks like the original movies poster can be replaced, cleaned up, resized, etc ... then when you have it finished,.. Go into Movie Information, Click on REFRESH, then select NO for downloading info from the interent (ie, use local info only) .. then the movies poster, fanart, nfo are all udated with the present files found in the movie folder.

Legion
Legion is correct, be sure to update library after doing the Refresh option.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - Changing a Poster ???????0