Piwik
Hey Guys,

Any chance you might one day switch from Google Analytics to the FLOSS, decentralized equivalent: Piwik for the XBMC site, wiki, forums, etc.?

Thanks.
There is always a chance, but for now this is not as high on our priority as making sure all our servers are running at optimal speed and without bugs.
We will certainly keep it in mind though.
I actually had it in mind cause I don't like GA and setting up Piwik is quite simple, but we haven't discussed this internally yet.
Sounds cool. I'm not one of those people who think google is evil, but I do think they have enough data on us already :P
Piwik is very cool, I'd love to see it.
Great! Glad to hear this is being considered.

Also keep in mind that it's not just a data collection / surveillance issue (although that is probably the big one) but also a software freedom issue. Pretty sure GA isn't open-source.
Friendly bump?
piwik won't happen.
we just have way way to much traffic and logging is is just a bottleneck.
we are looking into something else
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
We are? When Kib talked at devcon, I got the impression we were looking primarily at fixing the way GA was implemented on our server, as the current implementation was outdated and led to issues. I don't remember talking about looking into other analytics programs altogether.

OTOH, I was pretty jetlagged for that trip, so it's possible I just missed it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Piwik0