• 3(current)
PDM skin by SmokeHead
thanks smokehead found the playlist button in library view, i use the file view because i`ve got all my music files sorted into their own album folder on my pc.

about the logo i did replace the home page one to see how it would look with pmiii logo, it scaled it automatically;

i changed the png refered to in the home.xml to another, but doing it this way would take ages changing all the xml and then having to do it again when the skin was updated.
if the logo wasn`t in the texture.xpr and just on it own in the media folder then it would be just a simple case of changing the png one of your own.

thanks again for a great skin b4tm4n.
b4tm4n: i made the logo a multiimage so multiple logo's are possible from now on, if you only like to use one of your own, just place it in skin/media/logo and delete the others. it is in pdm build 21-jan-2006 and beyond. i like to hear what you think.

epoke: i gave the radiobuttons a visual effect, they will now use fading effects when turned on/off... when switching on time="200" and off time="500".. hope you like it this way,..cause i do.. this is also in build of 21-jan, please keep in mind that i'm still working on some stuff, and there might be some issues.

pdm download

cheers smoke.

first: great skin! i like it!

2nd: how about a "red theme"? so ppl can select their fav colors
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
great just the ticket i can mess around with logos till i find one i like.

i`d like to make one more suggestion then i`m done. when a video is playing and you press the white button to bring up the seek bar, theres not much info there. would it be possible to add like the total time of the movie, whats left and the time (of the day).

cheers b4tm4n.

(b4tm4n @ jan. 21 2006,14:09 Wrote:i`d like to make one more suggestion then i`m done. when a video is playing and you press the white button to bring up the seek bar, theres not much info there. would it be possible to add like the total time of the movie, whats left and the time (of the day).
i second this request.
great skin!

gg
(smokehead @ jan. 21 2006,09:29 Wrote:b4tm4n: i made the logo a multiimage so multiple logo's are possible from now on, if you only like to use one of your own, just place it in skin/media/logo and delete the others. it is in pdm build 21-jan-2006 and beyond. i like to hear what you think.

the multi-image makes it impossible for the hdd to spin down.
is there a way to get the old logo back, so the hdd can shutdown while in "menu"-mode ?

thansk for a great skin, it's my standard skin now.
Intel Core2Quad 3,2Ghz, 2Gb RAM, Nvidia GTS450 on Ubuntu 10.10, Denon AVR-2311, Denon POA4400A
im suprised your concerned as theres lot of other things now which make it nearly impossible for the hard drive to spin down anyway.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
b4tm4n: i take a look and see what i can do.

grote002: sorry but nothing has changed ..as far as i know ..since the logo is multiimage (pm3 an lots of other skins use this on there home backgrounds so i see no problem).
if you don't like it than why don't you let it only use 1 image ? .just delete/rename one of them. or turn it off completely.

one suggestion i would add is when you bring up the video osd, i would like to see the name of the video file, or if the video was scanned using imdb, show the movie title, thumbnail poster image, year, director, etc similar to what you see in the meedio hdtv skins video osd. i've customized some of the skins i use to show this. i've also added this info to show when you press the show time button.

have you also thought about maybe changing the look of the video osd?

at last some colors in this dead looking mp3 skin :bomb:
(ghostdog__ @ jan. 24 2006,05:43 Wrote:one suggestion i would add is when you bring up the video osd, i would like to see the name of the video file, or if the video was scanned using imdb, show the movie title, thumbnail poster image, year, director, etc similar to what you see in the meedio hdtv skins video osd. i've customized some of the skins i use to show this. i've also added this info to show when you press the show time button.
i think it's a better idea to keep them seperate from video osd and use "black" or "white" buttons to bring up the media info's just like it is done with all the info's all over the skin, and give users the choice if they want to bring it up or not..instead of having the info's displayed all the time, maybe you like it that way, but lots of other users prefer to have it clean.

Quote:have you also thought about maybe changing the look of the video osd?
yes, i have... but didn't have the time to work it out in photoshop yet, but finally it will be changed i think.

vaeanu: what the heck does that supose to mean ? .. if you don't like it than don't use it, simple as that

one suggestion - for the on screen keyboard, if you are going to use the square layout then please use the alphabetical letter order.

as the qwerty order only works when the layout is qwerty too. otherwise my poor brain can't cope Wink

one other thing, you are using the home buttons but i don't seem to be able to add/edit/remove any of them like you normally can (throught the gui). i have seen they are in home.xml so will adjust in here. don't understand why you are not using the standard ones that are in the xboxmediacenter.xml and can be adjusted through the gui.

otherwise it looks great (mostly, there is always ways to improve Cool )
duplicate post

(mental block @ jan. 25 2006,00:00 Wrote:one suggestion - for the on screen keyboard, if you are going to use the square layout then please use the alphabetical letter order.

as the qwerty order only works when the layout is qwerty too. otherwise my poor brain can't cope Wink
and the layout isn't qwerty or what are you trying to say ? i have used multiple keyboards since i'm into computing ,and you know what..? i never ever have seen any abc layouts, this is unnatural if you ask me... i think it's fine the way it is right now, you must understand that i cannot satisfy everybodies wishes, but there's always an alternative: use the file from pm3.

Quote:one other thing, you are using the home buttons but i don't seem to be able to add/edit/remove any of them like you normally can (throught the gui). i have seen they are in home.xml so will adjust in here. don't understand why you are not using the standard ones that are in the xboxmediacenter.xml and can be adjusted through the gui.

otherwise it looks great (mostly, there is always ways to improve Cool )
taken from xbmc changelog: - 11-12-2005 changed: moved the buttonscroller button list into the skin.

this is done with a specifik reason.. if you add your own buttons to xboxmediacenter.xml it would affect all skins, but since the buttons are in the skin, only 1 skin uses them.. and the whole contextmenu doesn't work anymore in home.. but since you're not reading any changelog you probably didn't noticed untill now.

[edit:] for all you guys who wanted more video info.. this is now under "white" button, "black" button brings up codec info like usual.

i do understand that you cant statify everyone, just thought i would put my opinion for your reference!

when i say qwerty layout i mean make it look like a keyboard (letters not directly under each other). i also am in the it proffesion and you are right, alphabetical layouts are only used on consoles, but seeing i use my console i do use them and therefore my reasoning. but i have copied the xml from pmiii so i am now happy chappy Smile

i do read the change log but must have skipped over it as pmiii uses fixed buttons and i hadn't found a better skin. have changed in home.xml so all is good again.

thanks for your replies a putting together a good looking skin.

:thumbsup:
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PDM skin by SmokeHead0