Organising sources under one profile?
Up until lately I've been using profiles to keep the kids stuff seperate from the adults. But now that I have a nice tidy setup in the sitting room (No mouse or keyboard!) I have a problem - you can't switch users because the XBMC remote for iOS/Android only has a connection while a profile is logged in (grrr).

So now I want to just have one profile so my remote always works, but I need a way to be able to browse adults movies & TV Shows seperately from kids movies and tv shows. Any ideas on how I can do this?

Many thanks!
Ten
The Android remote app should be able to switch profiles. See this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154000
Thanks artafael. It's a while since I used it so I didn't know that this behaviour has changed. We are stuck with iOS at the moment but maybe I can use my six-year-old's smartphone that I gave her. She's usually in bed by the time we watch anything anyway Smile
You might also want to consider getting a physical remote control so you won't have this problem with switching profiles. There are models available for under $20 US.
Thanks, that sounds good. But we don't have an IR receiver. I guess Bluetooth might be an option for the raspberry pi if I have a port to spare.
Many of these remotes come with their own IR receiver (assuming you have a spare USB port to plug it into).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Organising sources under one profile?0