Whole House XBMC - New TV!
Sharing my XBMC installs that I have setup through the house for the living room, the game room and all of the bedrooms. Well, all of the bedrooms except for my Mother-in-Law's room. LOL

Here's an equipment list for the living room which is our main viewing area.

Vizio M801D-A3 80" 3D LED LCD
Onkyo TX-NR708 Receiver with Audyssey
Polk Audio Monitor 60s
Polk Audio CS20 Center Channel
Polk Audio OWM3 for front wide and front high surrounds
Monoprice 8" Kevlar In-Ceiling Speakers for rear surrounds
Logitech Harmony 1100
XBox One for 3D Blurays
Custom HTPC running XBMC Gotham

watch gallery

Bed Room XBMC Setups

Master Bedroom
LG 42LE5400 LED LCD
Samsung 2.1 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer
Logitech Touch Remote
Shuttle XS35 running XBMC Gotham
Sony Bluray

Daughter's Bedroom (1)
Samsung UN40C6300 LED LCD

Daughter's Bedroom (2)
Westinghouse 37" LCD
Giada mini pc running XBMC Gotham
XBox 360

watch gallery

Game Room
Samsung 64D7000 74" Plasma
Sony HT-150 Soundbar
Harmony Touch
Samsung BD-D6500 3D Bluray
Wii-U
Xbox 360

watch gallery
Nice!
Your daughter's bedroom is more pimped out than my own room....

Well, only because I'm not allowed to actually have anything I own in my own room, but still.. jesus.

Wish I had an Xbox 360 and XBMC in my room growing up. Probably would have never left though.

That's my dream setup though having the whole house powered by XBMC. One interface to rule them all.

I know everyone here says "My wife/daughter/gf can't understand the interface/needs a simple watered down interface. Does that actually apply in your case, or do they pick it up relatively quickly like you would any other interface for any other device.
All the setups have regular remotes to control all the basic functionality to make it easy to use. Since the libraries are also all synced with MySQL there's even less for them to worry about. Even my 7 year old (the one with the Adventure Time wall) knows how to check recently added items and recognizes the watched item flags. She's actually more knowledgeable with operating XBMC than my wife is.
What kind of remote are you using and how are they receiving IR?

Also How do you add content to your XBMC? Autodownloader or a LiveTV Ripper?

God, I really need to learn how to setup MySQL and well, in general learn about it and the benefits it has. It's funny how little kids pick up faster than adults do when it comes to tech.

Also what skin are you using (looks like Aeon but not sure which one).
In the living room I have a Harmony 1100 with USB-UIRT Receiver and Girder software. the IR Receiver and Girder were remnants left over from what I used to use Meedio waaaaay back in the day. The bedrooms have Sony programmable remotes with different Windows Media Player USB receivers. I used the remotes to program the Sony's so that they can control the TV functions like power and volume. We also have our iPads set up to be able to control XBMC with XBMC Commander.

As for adding content I use a combination of SickBeard and CouchPotato for shows and movies. The skin running on all machines is Ace.
lol at Girder

I used to use that back in Meedio days, too :-)

How do the shuttles and the giada handle the ACE skin?
The Shuttles handle it fine but the Giada has some issues. The Giada (while pretty silent) also runs super hot all the time so I'll be replacing it soon.
Nice Setup
In the picture of the Silverstone case,..what are those knobs, buttons and lights forHuh?
That's customized by you right?
I love the color of the wall in your living room.
(2013-07-24, 19:50)GortWillSaveUs Wrote: In the picture of the Silverstone case,..what are those knobs, buttons and lights forHuh?
That's customized by you right?

It controls the 3 case fan speeds so I can control how loud they are. I actually only have a heatsink over the CPU (Core 2 E6600) since I had 2 fans right next to it. I wanted to be able to have the fans running as fast as possible without being too terribly loud so this seemed like a good solution. Plus it looks pretty cool. Smile
Man nice set up i need schooled in the art of whole home xbmc... Ive got 3 seperate instances all running xbmc thru out my house and would LOVE it if they all synced a d everything such as u did! Any way u could pm me some of ur knowledge? I know there r right ups everywhere online but i need it all in laymans terms and to be able to use my mac as the single server source for the other 2 openelec versions im running!

Again awesome set up, hope i can customize mine even close to this!

How do u have the shuttle and the giada set up internally? Memory and such? I see ur gonna change out the giada... What r u leaning towards for this? Another shuttle perhaps?

U mentioned the usb items they have connected for windows media? An they r different? How is that?
(2013-07-25, 00:48)j2048b Wrote: Man nice set up i need schooled in the art of whole home xbmc... Ive got 3 seperate instances all running xbmc thru out my house and would LOVE it if they all synced a d everything such as u did! Any way u could pm me some of ur knowledge? I know there r right ups everywhere online but i need it all in laymans terms and to be able to use my mac as the single server source for the other 2 openelec versions im running!

Again awesome set up, hope i can customize mine even close to this!

How do u have the shuttle and the giada set up internally? Memory and such? I see ur gonna change out the giada... What r u leaning towards for this? Another shuttle perhaps?

U mentioned the usb items they have connected for windows media? An they r different? How is that?

Haha, my phone, HTPC, laptop, sisters laptop, brothers laptop, moms Nexus are ALL running their own XBMC library. Thank god I only use Ace skin currently. Great skin.
Is the ace skin the best or just offer more custamization?

All those items are linked to ur mysql?

I need to figure how to set up mysql within my mac so it can become my xbmc hub as well as at the beta xbmc server for all my laptops and cell phones!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Whole House XBMC - New TV!0