Whole House XBMC - New TV!
(2013-07-25, 00:48)j2048b Wrote: How do u have the shuttle and the giada set up internally? Memory and such? I see ur gonna change out the giada... What r u leaning towards for this? Another shuttle perhaps?

U mentioned the usb items they have connected for windows media? An they r different? How is that?

The shuttles each have 2GB ram and a 120GB SSD. The Giada has 4GB and an 80GB SSD. I'm replacing the Giada with an Optiplex 745sff (Core2 Duo 3Ghz, 4GB, 80GB SSD from the Giada, low-profile GeForce GT610).

The USB Windows Media Center receivers are the ones that come with remotes similar to this one. Again, they are originally for Windows Media Center but can be utilized for XBMC.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00224Z...UTF8&psc=1

As far as configuring everything, I just followed the guides in the Wiki and from the forums. This might be a good one to get you started on MySQL on OSX.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...b=Mac_OS_X
Oh nice man!! Yeah in figuring out tv pseudo live right now and once i get that figured out ill look to enhance my set ups(s)
(2013-07-26, 00:54)j2048b Wrote: Is the ace skin the best or just offer more custamization?

All those items are linked to ur mysql?

I need to figure how to set up mysql within my mac so it can become my xbmc hub as well as at the beta xbmc server for all my laptops and cell phones!!

There isn't a "Best" skin as every skin has a different look to it so it depends on what look you like.
If you want an apple look, Quartz would then be the best. I think Ace is a sweet spot skin currently.

"A BRIEF SUMMARY OF ACE

Ace has a design concept very different from what I had been doing in Aeon.
The Ace is a skin designed to be simple, clean and fast.
The concept of this skin textures were optimized to the maximum to make it light and small.
The Ace has only 13MB and is suitable for any device, from tablets to powerful HTPCs.
The sources have a size suitable for reading away from the skin and the layout is optimized for use with touch screens.
The Ace is now translated into 38 languages.
The Ace was written for XBMC Frodo.
All important Addons are installed automatically."
Oh man ill have to check it out thanks!
(2013-07-26, 20:08)longsh0t Wrote: The shuttles each have 2GB ram and a 120GB SSD.

As far as configuring everything, I just followed the guides in the Wiki and from the forums. This might be a good one to get you started on MySQL on OSX.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...b=Mac_OS_X

Nice setup! Am working on setting up something similar - recently got ahold of a shuttle XS35v3. This is the model has the Atom D2700 processor with intel's GMA3650 (SGX545?) GPU. Have installed and tested XMBC on this setup and blurays work great (tested with variety of material including Toy Story 2, Dark Knight etc)... Planning to test further with some additional material including the birds scene from planet earth...

Anyways, am curious which version of the XS35 you have and whether you might have had a chance to test CPU (not GPU) intensive things like Netflix (HD) or anything that requires Silverlight and if so how well it plays? I do not have a netflix account yet (so unable to test it myself) but am considering signing up and have heard mixed feedback that some of the Atom based computers are not powerful enough to run Netflix (HD) since Silverlight does not do hardware acceleration (atleast completely) yet?

Thanks for any input!
-Topper
I have 2 v1s and 1 v3 IIRC. The v3 is in my bedroom with 4GB and an SSD. I don't have a Netflix account but if you give me any Silverlight based sources to try I'll be happy to. Amazon Instant Video would be CPU based, right?
How do those monoprice ceiling speakers sound? Those are the angled one's? You think they would put out enough to use as front speakers? Thx!
Do you just sync your Databases and NOT the thumbs/images? I am getting brave enough to set up something similar but would think having thumbs sync'd would negate the purpose of the SSD.
(2013-09-03, 04:37)gregh77 Wrote: How do those monoprice ceiling speakers sound? Those are the angled one's? You think they would put out enough to use as front speakers? Thx!

Yep. They're the angled Monoprice in-ceiling speakers. I'm sure they would be fine for front channels as long as you had a good center and a powered subwoofer.

(2013-09-15, 01:25)hick Wrote: Do you just sync your Databases and NOT the thumbs/images? I am getting brave enough to set up something similar but would think having thumbs sync'd would negate the purpose of the SSD.

I'm currently syncing both the databases and images. I had SSDs before I got brave enough to try to sync my libraries.
Why would you ever go outside?
Bump for small updates!
(2013-07-21, 23:44)longsh0t Wrote: Sharing my XBMC installs that I have setup through the house for the living room, the game room and all of the bedrooms. Well, all of the bedrooms except for my Mother-in-Law's room. LOL

Here's an equipment list for the living room which is our main viewing area.

Samsung PN64C7000 Plasma
Onkyo TX-NR708 Receiver with Audyssey
Samsung BD-D6500 3D Bluray
Polk Audio Monitor 60s
Polk Audio CS20 Center Channel
Polk Audio OWM3 for front wide and front high surrounds
Monoprice 8" Kevlar In-Ceiling Speakers for rear surrounds
Logitech Harmony 1100
XBox One
Custom HTPC running XBMC Gotham

QUick question mate..you have an amazing set up, the question is why is there 6 speakers at the front? is it a 9.1 system?

Thanks
The Onkyo supports Audysssy for technically 11.1 by adding high front and wide front speakers. In all honesty, I had every intention of configuring it but I misplaced the microphone when we moved and never got around to getting a new one. Sad

Also, I recently replaced the Samsung 64" plasma with a Vizio 80" LED and I'll be moving the plasma to the gameroom to replace the DLP. Updated first post with new pics!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Whole House XBMC - New TV!0