Bug MySQL Updating Library from multiple clients does not work
Question 
Hi,

i have the following setup:

1 Windows Home Server (storing all the Media, automatically powerd on demand via WOL from the HTPCs)
1 Raspberry Pi (hosting the MySQL-Library, 24/7 on)
2 HTPCs running the lates stable XBMC V12.2

All devices are hooked up to the same network with static IP Adresses.

I followed the My-SQL guide to the point where both HTPCs are nicely connected to the database.
During this process I added all the media containing folders to one of the HTPCs (Lets call it A) using IP adresses instead of netbios names. All the media imediately also appeared on HTPC B and also the watch status is being transfered. So fare everything seems to work nicely. However there is one issue with updating the library in order to add new content.

If I initiate the "update library" from HTPC A everything works nicely and the new content is also aviable on HTPC B. However if i initiate the update on HTPC B it only says "preparing". Then it stops after a couple of seconds without any further notice and without finding and adding the new content.

After some searching i found that on HTPC A under Videos-->Files all the mounted Folders are being listes whereas on HTPC B there is nothing. It seems like HTPC B only has access to the database, however it does not know where to look for new content. Since I'm a bit afraid of messing the database i did not yet try to add the same media containing folders to HTPC B. However judging from the wiki updating the library and adding new media should be possible from any client.

It would be great if someone could help me with my problem because it would be realy great being able to update new content form anywhere.

Best regards
It can update the library without having the files view. It might be that you used a scraper on HTPC A that isn't installed on HTPC B?
Hi

Do you have matching sources.xml files on all htpcs?

I know my setup needed tweaking like this a few times before all xbmc instances ran in sync!

David
sources.xml aren't needed to update the library. They're only needed if you want to keep the file view as well as library view in "sync". The library has its own source url paths stored in the DB.
Thanks Ned - didn't know that.

I know a certain xml file that's about to get deleted!

David
Hi all,

thanks for your help!

@ Ned Scott: does this mean that you also have no entrys in the file view on the machine you did not add the media containing folders? Furthermore i did not fiddel with the scrapes. The scraper used is the movie database.

@DLingard89: The sync itself is working brilliantly. I continue watching a movie from where i stoped it on the other machine and so on. Its just die updating library that is not working
Yeah, you can have XBMC set up to only view things from "Movies" and "TV shows", while having nothing in Videos -> Files. It's nice to have sources.xml the same on each machine in case you want the Files view and also to do any kind of maintenance/checking/tweaking to the library set up, so that you don't have to go to just one machine to do that. Makes it a lot easier to manage the sources and "setting content".

Even if you didn't actually use a scraper, but used nfo files or something like that, XBMC will get confused if the "dummy scraper" isn't installed on all machines. So check on the original HTPC where you set up the library and see what scraper is selected under "set content" (it will probably say "change content", but same option), and make sure it's installed on the other HTPCs. It doesn't have to be "set" from those other HTPCs, just installed.
Hi Ned,

i think i found the source for my problem, however i do not know how to fix it:

It seems that the Username and Password necessary to access the media containing folder in the network is not bein stored in the mysql library. Is there any way to check this and to change this?
Take the passwords.xml file from the original HTPC that had the library, and copy it to the userdata folders of the other HTPCs.
Hi Ned,

you are my personal Hero! I did the following thing:

cleaned all the sources.xml files on both machines
cleaned the password.xml files on both machines
cleaned the mediasources.xml files on both machines
deleted the MyMovies and MyMusic entrys on the mysql server to start from scratch

Then I re added the mediafolders on HTPC A, run an update and finally copied the password.xml from this machine to the other. Now everything is working as expected!

Thanks for the quick help, PROBLEM SOLVED
Hi everyone,

sry that i have to pull this up again. I did some more research and in found that the problem is still existing. However i also found a way to avoid it allthough it is not very convenient:

if a start XBMC on freshly on HTPC B i cannot access any of the movies nor can i update the library. However the moment i go to video-->files i see all the mediasources correctly listed and i'm able to enter them. From this point on to the next reboot of the pc i cann operate everything as wanted and even update the libary. It seems that the xbmc does not load the passowords for the mediasources untill one is acessing them manualy first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL Updating Library from multiple clients does not work0