• 11(current)
WIP WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial.
allsa - the WWE bought and owns the rights to the ECW name and catalog. So if they want to brand a PPV as "ECW", then that is their right to do so and the actual name of the PPV. You will notice the production company for those PPV's is listed as WWE. When I add the original ECW PPV's, they will have the production company set to ECW.

If you want to create a smart playlist that sorts by production company, instead of title, then that will allow your playlist to put these 2 "ECW" PPV's in with the WWE PPV's while keeping the other ECW PPV's separate.

Once I complete the WCW PPV's, I will be adding the ECW ones.
(2013-10-04, 14:36)exoscoriae Wrote: allsa - the WWE bought and owns the rights to the ECW name and catalog. So if they want to brand a PPV as "ECW", then that is their right to do so and the actual name of the PPV. You will notice the production company for those PPV's is listed as WWE. When I add the original ECW PPV's, they will have the production company set to ECW.

If you want to create a smart playlist that sorts by production company, instead of title, then that will allow your playlist to put these 2 "ECW" PPV's in with the WWE PPV's while keeping the other ECW PPV's separate.

Once I complete the WCW PPV's, I will be adding the ECW ones.

I was thinking, to keep some uniformity and seeing as we're not grouping ECW/WWE/WCW under the same production company, maybe we should at least have them use a similar format:

World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE); World Championship Wrestling (WCW); Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW).

Just an idea, let me know what you think exo. I'm with you on keeping them separate though, will make them easier to search for and filter in playlists.
i would love to contribute to this project, i have all the ppvs from Wrestlemania 1 to the present PPV. and also have every dvd released by wwe. i was just wondering if someone can help me with using XBMC and Aeon Nox, i have installed both and was just wondering if any of you guys could show me how to put the PPVS in folders so they scrape from the TMDB, which you guy have created, it would be a great help. a step by step guide would be awesome.
hiten2k4 - this is a step by step guide. did you read the first post yet?

Try reading through this thread first, and then ask questions on any clarifications required.

Deano316 - are you referring to using a similar format for the production company? I agree. We will just need the mods at tmdb to update the company names for World Championship Wrestling, National Wrestling Association, etc.... That way I don't have to go back and create a new company and change every single ppv.
(2013-10-05, 00:11)exoscoriae Wrote: hiten2k4 - this is a step by step guide. did you read the first post yet?

Try reading through this thread first, and then ask questions on any clarifications required.

Deano316 - are you referring to using a similar format for the production company? I agree. We will just need the mods at tmdb to update the company names for World Championship Wrestling, National Wrestling Association, etc.... That way I don't have to go back and create a new company and change every single ppv.

I've already done it Wink You can alter the name etc. of the production company like you can anything else. I've altered NWA, WCW and ECW accordingly. They will be updated on your completed PPVs automatically.
Got it working for PPVs guys. Gonna have to read this thread from beginning to end.

Thanks for your reply, i missed the 1st post.

Does this work for all the DVDs that have been released or are you guys still working on them and can i help in anyway?

Kind regards.
(2013-10-05, 09:21)hiten2k4 Wrote: Got it working for PPVs guys. Gonna have to ready this thread from beginning to end.

Thanks for your reply, i missed the 1st post.

Does this work for all the DVDs that have been released or are you guys still working on them and can i help in anyway?

Kind regards.

So far the only thing anywhere near complete is the WWE PPVs. The Superstar DVD releases and such are not finished yet although there are a few up already. If you want to help you can add a few of those by replicating the format we have already used. You should find that pretty much all the Superstar bios are already there. However, please don't touch the PPVs. Wink
I won't touch anything on the PPVs don't worry lol, i have all the original DVDs every single one. So I'll have a look on my day of on Thursday to see if i can help with the DVDs no problem.
hi i have added 1 dvd which is WWE Hell Yeah Stone Cold Saga Continues... Could someone check to see if i have done this right then i will continue with the following titles: (I dont want to be doing something wrong so would rather someone check first)

1999/2001
The Rock: The People’s Champ
Mick Foley: Hard Knocks & Cheap Pops
Divas in Hedonism
Best of RAW Vol. 1 & 2
Hardcore
Lita: It Just Feels Right
Action!
Undertaker: This Is My Yard
Ringleaders Collection (Hell Yeah, People’s Champ & Hard Knocks)

The Rock: Just Bring It
MTV’s Behind WWF Tough Enough
Attitude Collection: Austin 3:16
Attitude Collection: Austin vs. McMahon
Attitude Collection: Best of WrestleMania I-XIV
Attitude Collection: Best of Survivor Series
Attitude Collection: Undertaker: The Phenom
Attitude Collection: TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs
Attitude Collection: Three Faces of Foley
Attitude Collection: Eve of Destruction
Attitude Collection: The Rock: Know Your Role
Attitude Collection: Best of RAW Vol. 1
Attitude Collection: Unforgiven: In Your House
Attitude Collection: Rock Bottom: In Your House
Before They Were WWF Superstars
MTV’s WWF Tough Enough – The First Season
Funniest Moments
Divas: Tropical Pleasure
Stone Cold Steve Austin: What?
Best of WWF, 2001 (Canadian/UK Exclusive)
nWo: Back in Black
Triple H: That Damn Good Jun 25, 2002
Triple H: The Game
Hollywood Hulk Hogan: Hulk Still Rules
The Rock: Just Bring It (Collectors Edition)
Ramped Up: The Videos Vol. 1
Divas Undressed

on so on from there.
Some comments:

The cover needs to be the actual dvd or vhs cover. Not the front and back next to each other. I noticed you actually uploaded two covers. In order to get one to show instead of the other, vote one up and vote the other down. This gives you control over the primary cover to show. And if you accidentally upload a real bad one (like the front/back one), simply hit the report button on it and mention you accidentally uploaded it so the mods can delete it and keep the entry clean.

watch your spelling - The tagline is mispelled. And that really isn't a tagline, that is simply the description of one of the releases. Since every single person who adds the movie to their collection may not have a "special extended" (one guy might be using a VHS rip while another uses a dvd rip, ya know?), it is best to leave descriptors like that off. It appears to me that the title of this is "Hell Yeah" while "Stone Cold's Saga Continues..." is actually the tagline. Taglines are often the same as sub titles.

Under cast, it is best to put "as Himself" after the name. So things like, Vince McMahon as Himself. Or, Steve Austin as "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

Check your rating. You typed in that it is rated R. It appears to be TV-14 according to the cover you uploaded.

According to Amazon & ProWrestling Wikia the release date was Oct. 26th.

Really, it just comes down to checking what you type in. Getting the info right can take a little longer but it is worth it. I hope the above things give you a guide of stuff to watch for. I entered well over 30 or so ppv's before I got used to checking each field properly. Looking forward to seeing all these documentaries show up on there.
WWF: Hell Yeah
WWF: The Rock - The People's Champ
WWF: Mick Foley - Hard Knocks & Cheap Pops
WWE: Divas in Hedonism
WWF: Best of Raw Vol. 1 & 2
WWE: Hardcore
WWF: Lita - It Just Feels Right
WWF: Action!

are done.... i'll continue when i get time
just wrapped up NWA/WCW through 1995. hoping to wrap up WCW by the end of next week.

I just got to looking at your WCW list Deano, and thought it was worth pointing out that "Clash of Champions" isn't technically a PPV.... it was a show aired for free on TBS. Because of this, one could argue it belongs listed at the TV DB (along with RAW, Saturday Night Main Event, Nitro, etc). You may want to consider either cutting them from the list, or putting them in their own list.

It appears that many of the ECW PPV's are already uploaded in some form or another. So hopefully going through those guys and cleaning them up won't take very long at all.
WWF: Hell Yeah (added 10/Oct/2013)
WWF: The Rock - The People's Champ (added 10/Oct/2013)
WWF: Mick Foley - Hard Knocks & Cheap Pops (added 10/Oct/2013)
WWE: Divas in Hedonism (added 10/Oct/2013)
WWF: Best of Raw Vol. 1 & 2 (added 10/Oct/2013)
WWE: Hardcore (added 10/Oct/2013)
WWF: Lita - It Just Feels Right (added 10/Oct/2013)
WWF: Action! (added 10/Oct/2013)
WWF: Undertaker - This Is My Yard (added today)
WWE: The Rock - Just Bring It! (added today)

are done.... i'll continue when i get time
Noticed that some of the names of the Superstars are being changed, I'll have them locked to prevent anyone else tampering with them. If you spot any please change them back Wink
(2013-10-12, 05:59)Deano316 Wrote: Noticed that some of the names of the Superstars are being changed, I'll have them locked to prevent anyone else tampering with them. If you spot any please change them back Wink

I hope i haven't done anything like that? I jus type in the name and it usually jus come up and i click on that name. Then move on to the next line and type himself/herself.

Am i doing this right? I don't want to ruin what you've done. Wink
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial.1