• 13(current)
WIP WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial.
(2013-10-17, 09:53)B.Moxham Wrote: Hi,

I hope anyone doesn't mind, but I updated the Production company for Royal Rumbles 88, 89 and 90 as they didn't have details showing for them.

If you see something missing add it. As long as it fits the format we've established, it's very much appreciated Cool
How do you add PPV's to your collection Deano?
(2013-10-17, 17:41)B.Moxham Wrote: How do you add PPV's to your collection Deano?

Assuming you mean to my XBMC setup I scan them in as normal (movies), then export the nfos, edit them as I wish, then rescan. It doesn't have to be like that for everyone, I just have a couple of tweaks I like to add to the info Wink
Right, the three ppvs in question (Rumbles 88,89 and 90) still aren't leaving the movies section even though they have had the production company changed in tmdb and then rescraped.

Where am I going wrong?
(2013-10-17, 23:24)B.Moxham Wrote: Right, the three ppvs in question (Rumbles 88,89 and 90) still aren't leaving the movies section even though they have had the production company changed in tmdb and then rescraped.

Where am I going wrong?

You might find that any details you change may not be scrapable for a couple of days. Not sure why, either wait a few days or edit that part of the nfo manually.
Today I finished WCW through 1998. I had done 2001 previously, so that leaves 99/00. I omitted the iPPV's (internet PPV's) that they ran. It seems most people think they were pretty much audio only, however a few claim that there was video streaming over 52kbps dial-up connections (that was unwatchable). There are no screens, no posters, and no video releases of these events. So I decided to leave them out.

B.Moxham: Good catch on the production companies. I went back and checked all pre 92' ppv's and verified they are all properly filled out now. Also, nice quality poster on the 93' Rumble. I like that.

Deano316 - I did a lot of searching on names and tried to change all the ones I could back to their proper names. Batista was locked with the wrong name, so I've put a request in to get it fixed. I have a feeling that when they did work on the database to bring the TV stuff in, it reverted some of the name. Now we are stuck with tons of dupes, as it imported names from IMDB that were primarily wrong. I haven't decided if I am going to take the time to fix it all at this point.

random tip; In my collection I have found that adding the aired order number from that year in the "sort title" field helps me keep my PPV's ordered by year, and then within the year they are ordered by release date.

edit:
WCW 1999 is complete. One year to go.
Howdy fellas. I was asked today if I would like to join the moderator team at TMDB, and have accepted. I will have the ability to clean things up and lock verified fields directly now, which will be really helpful with the influx of doubles ever since the IMDB actor database was imported.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, as it will help us speed up efforts here in getting these PPV's to look as good as possible.
BTW, WCW is complete as of last week, and I have verified it is 100% scrapeable. I will be creating custom set posters for them just like I did with the WWE, and will be happy to share them here.

I found a little trick in regards to set posters. See, if you make all the WWE PPV's in sets by year, such as 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, etc... then when you put WCW ppv's in those sets, it inherits the poster cover you previously set... which means you get WWE collection covers on all your WCW sets. So here is a little trick. Make the WCW set with a space on the end. The space will be invisible, but it will make XBMC think it is a totally different set.

When I do my ECW PPV's I will add 2 spaces to the end of those sets, and so on. This allows each companies PPV's to have their own poster covers, but also retain standard yearly naming conventions for the sets.
exoscoriae is it possible for you to re-upload those yearly movie set images? The original link appears to be down.
Hi guys,

Huge thanks for the tutorial and all the work you've put in so far.

I've just got 2 issues whilst setting this up.

1. I can't seem to group my PPVs in Sets in my movies folder. Followed the instructions correctly but they still appear seperately?

2. When using the Landscape Single Logo I can't seem to get any logos to appear at that bottom? Just has the titles of the PPVs on the scrollwheel.

Any help would be much appreciated!
I was wondering if anyone is willing to upload there folder structure with all the artwork/nfo n stuff. Excluding. Obviously the video file. So we can jus place the video file in our self and rename it.

I doubt any one would be willing to do this?
Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that I've added a couple myself for a few indie shows I have:

ROH Final Battle 2012
ROH Death Before Dishonor XI
Dragon Gate USA: Enter the Dragon 2013
NJPW King of Pro-Wrestling 2013
(2013-11-10, 09:46)wappersha Wrote: Hi guys,

Huge thanks for the tutorial and all the work you've put in so far.

I've just got 2 issues whilst setting this up.

1. I can't seem to group my PPVs in Sets in my movies folder. Followed the instructions correctly but they still appear seperately?

2. When using the Landscape Single Logo I can't seem to get any logos to appear at that bottom? Just has the titles of the PPVs on the scrollwheel.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sorry for the late reply. Holidays had me busy.

1. Did you go to your settings and check the box to group movies in sets? If you don't actually tell XBMC to do this, then it will ignore the sets field.

2. As far as I know, logos haven't been created yet. That's going to be quite a task, and while I would like to do it eventually, it is not at the top of my priority list currently. I keep hoping someone else will tackle it.

(2013-11-27, 01:52)hiten2k4 Wrote: I was wondering if anyone is willing to upload there folder structure with all the artwork/nfo n stuff. Excluding. Obviously the video file. So we can jus place the video file in our self and rename it.

I doubt any one would be willing to do this?

Yea, I wouldn't mind doing this, but it will take some time to copy everything without the movies to a new folder. I would likely have to write a script that only copies files less than 10 megs or something like that. I'll have to look into it... maybe someone already has a file manager app that can do that sort of thing.

Assuming I can get it done easily, I'll zip it all up and post it to a file share site for you.
xcopy "source" "destination" /t /i

put this in a .bat file and run. it copies the directories but not the files
Living Room | Openelec | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Man Room | Windows 7 x64 | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Roaming | iPad 2 | Re-Touched Skin
Storage | WD MyCloud 3TB
But I need the files.... Just not the large videos. I'm familiar with DOS, however I don't believe xcopy has a size filter.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial.1