• 5(current)
WIP WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial.
(2013-08-10, 20:10)exoscoriae Wrote: I would only add the year if there is more than one. In other words, there is no reason to add the year to The Big Event when they're was only one. It makes sense for something like royal rumble or survivor series as it helps denote which one it is. It also doesn't make sense to add then to wrestlemanias as they already have a number at the end to separate them.

The year is already saved in the NFO file and can be sorted as such in XBMC. They only serve to help separate events with the same name.

Thanks for the prompt reply, that makes perfect sense
(2013-08-10, 20:29)allsa001 Wrote:
(2013-08-10, 20:10)exoscoriae Wrote: I would only add the year if there is more than one. In other words, there is no reason to add the year to The Big Event when they're was only one. It makes sense for something like royal rumble or survivor series as it helps denote which one it is. It also doesn't make sense to add then to wrestlemanias as they already have a number at the end to separate them.

The year is already saved in the NFO file and can be sorted as such in XBMC. They only serve to help separate events with the same name.

Thanks for the prompt reply, that makes perfect sense

It makes it easier to keep track of which PPV is which, especially when scraping. I've found that by adding the year in the title it avoids conflicts Smile
Added the 1989 UK PPV in London.

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/213705-wwe-u-k-ppv

edit1:
Working through 1995. I apologize in advance if one of my backdrops for King of the Ring 1995 scares any children in your house. Or adults for that matter.
I have moved many of the WWE to the WWE collection

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
hey guys - the "in your house" series actually has the numbers as part of their official title, on the poster, on the movie releases, and even referred to them by number within the actual event by commentators. So I am adding the number to each event as I work through them. So far I have eddited both 2 and 3 to include the titles as they are printed on the actual official press releases and posters.
(2013-08-12, 14:52)exoscoriae Wrote: Added the 1989 UK PPV in London.

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/213705-wwe-u-k-ppv

edit1:
Working through 1995. I apologize in advance if one of my backdrops for King of the Ring 1995 scares any children in your house. Or adults for that matter.

Ha ha Big Grin King Mabel/Big Viscera is a scary lookin' dude!!

(2013-08-12, 16:05)saitoh183 Wrote: I have moved many of the WWE to the WWE collection

I think the WWE Collection has since been removed from tmdb.

(2013-08-12, 16:29)exoscoriae Wrote: hey guys - the "in your house" series actually has the numbers as part of their official title, on the poster, on the movie releases, and even referred to them by number within the actual event by commentators. So I am adding the number to each event as I work through them. So far I have eddited both 2 and 3 to include the titles as they are printed on the actual official press releases and posters.

That's cool with me. I wasn't sure about the numbering of them but you've done the research. You've really done a thorough job man, Kudos Smile
Thanks.

Speaking of the "In Your House" series, we have a bit of an interesting problem with #8.

It was aired twice from two different locations. The original broadcast on May 26th was cut short due to a power outage. So they re-broadcast the PPV on May 28th from a second venue.

The second airing was actually called "In Your House: Beware of Dog 2". They re-broadcast the two matches from the first night, and then continued on to show the remaining matches.

Due to this, it could be considered two separate PPV's, however the video release had it all in one. I have both broadcasts though as they aired.

From a PPV perspective, there was two events. From a home release perspective, there was 1 event.

At first I was inclined to create two separate entries.... but the more I think about it... very few people have the original broadcast, and of those - how many want to have it scrapped? it would be fairly easy for me to create an nfo for it myself if I decided to keep it.... Insight from others?

edit: On the other hand, several matches were re-wrestled that second night - such as Steve Austin vs. Savio Vega. They wrestled the same match both nights, but only one was broadcast.... so people who do have both copies may be interested in seeing both matches. In some cases one guy won the match, while the next night the otrher guy got the win (yokozuna vs vadar for example).

I keep flip flopping on whether or not I like the idea of one entry or two. I could always just stack the two videos and have Beware of Dog 1 play before Beware of Dog 2. on a single entry.

edit2:
Wrapped up for the day. Just completed SummerSlam 1996. The longest part is finding somewhat decent resolution pictures to create backdrop from. Since the backdrops will get scraped as the backgrounds for each PPV, I find this to be a key asset in making the collection look sharp. I just hope the scraper uses the cast from tmdb and not imdb, otherwise all my work in the cast section is pointless and I'll have t repeat it over there...not real keen on doing that.
I think just one entry will suffice, like you say most people will just have the home video release. As far as the cast goes, it's scraped just fine for me Big Grin
Nice work, yeah I think just the one entry is cool. I did notice it whilst adding it, but thought just the one would be enough. In terms of the cast, I am pretty sure it's taken from the TMDB, I think you hve to specify this in the settings though. For example my movies scrape from IMDb, however my PPV's scrape from TMDB. Thanks for all the hard work on the bio's and photos, everything looks amazing now.

By the by, I added quite a few PPV's over the weekend. I will send a new list tomorrow.
96' is done.

lmao - I just noticed the site tracks the number of edits people make:
https://www.themoviedb.org/leaderboard

edit:
Just came across the first PPV where I had to deal with Chyna. There are 3 different profiles on tmdb for her. I am going to merge them all. Apart from that though, she is another example of someone who legally changed her name. Her entire name is Chyna now (she dropped her last name totally). So tnat will be the name her official profile is under. IMDB has her listed this way as well.
Good spot Wink
also just found there was two "Hawks". Mike Hegstrand and Michael James Hegstrand. I just combined both entries to one and reported the other as a dupe. Please use Michael James Hegstrand, as that profile is actually filled out.
(2013-08-13, 17:21)exoscoriae Wrote: also just found there was two "Hawks". Mike Hegstrand and Michael James Hegstrand. I just combined both entries to one and reported the other as a dupe. Please use Michael James Hegstrand, as that profile is actually filled out.

Will do Smile
random notes:

Added "WWE" prefix to Summerslam 1997

Have changed tons of release dates. I am sincerely confused as to why so many dates are off by one day (example: if the ppv was the 6th, the release says the 5th).

From Ground Zero on, things get difficult with the IYH series. In the original posters there is no number, however in the video release they added numbers. Ground Zro for example could technically just be, WWE Ground Zero, based on the posters (with the IYH logo small at the bottom). Tape releases however blatantly state, In Your House 17: Ground Zero.

I'm currently going with the tape releases, simply because it is more consistent.

edit:
There are 2 unforgiven entires for 1998. I've reported the one called WWE Unforgiven 1998 as a dupe, and the keeper is WWE Unforgiven: In Your House (as the original posters name it).

edit 2:
Just noticed there is no entry of Over the Edge 1999. This is likely because it was not released on home video due to Owen Hart's death. However I have the PPV, and I'm sure many other collectors do as well, so I will be adding an entry for it when I get there. Currently I'm still in 1998.

edit3:
In regards to the In Your House series and what i said above in regards to Ground Zero. It seems the best way to deal with it is to use a standard format after the numbering disappears.
All non-numbered IYH PPV's are now named as:
WWE Name: In Your House.

I am currently adding an Entry for WWE Breakdown: In Your House, which took place in 1998 as there was no entry for it.

Fixed WWF Judgement Day to WWE Judgement Day: In Your House. Assuming it needs to be added to your list. Same for Breakdown above and Over the Edge 99' when I enter it.

edit 4:
Christ. I just saw the cast of later PPV's. People have entered tag team names as cast members? Not to mention nearly every person is listed by their ring name. There is going to be *so* much clean-up when i get there.

edit5:
Created WWE Capital Carnage and WWE Rock Bottom: In Your House, both of which were missing from tmdb. Also Added WWE St. Valentine's Day Massacre: In Your House, and filled out everything except the cast. Will do that when I start on things again tomorrow.

edit6: The edit train just keeps on chuggin. choo choo bitches Wink
I fixed all the wrestlemania titles to include WWE at the beginning. Also uploaded like 3 posters for WM PPV;s that had no poster listed at all. Also found that there were THREE W15 entries, Makes no sense, so I reported 2 of them for deletion, and moved data over to the keeper.

Just finished Over the Edge 1999. Also had to add the WWE No Mercy (UK) ppv to the site, as there was no entry for it.

I have a feeling there are lots of PPV's missing from 1999. So I'll ad them as I notice them.
Wow, great work mate. I was slowly chipping away up to 1998 but it seems you have overtaken me. As there is abit of a delay of TMDB updating. Would it be better if I start at 2005, and ammending adding from there to avoid us duplicating things?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial.1