• 6(current)
WIP WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial.
Ya, that is probably a good idea. Thanks =)

On those later PPV's, you may find it easier to just delete the entire cast associated with them and start from scratch. Ones I pulled up were 90% wrong, with the only ones that were right being at the bottom from us adding them. Even the basic roles were misspelled, with things like "Kommentator". I find it is best to add the main event folks first. That puts the top guys at the top of the list, and makes them show up first when scraped.

Also, roles like commentators and ring announcers and stuff, unless storyline guys like Rodrigo, ought to be under Crew anyways, I generally remove guys like Josh Matthews, Mike Chioda, Earl Hebner, Michael Cole, and Jerry Lawler unless they are explicitly part of a storyline at the time.

Just as an aside, I've decided to add the monday night raw that follows every PPV to my collection. So that add-on you found Deano, that allows one to manage extras, is a great way to handle that. Good find. I specifically wanted to have access to the Raw Tribute shows for Benoit and Owen, but then decided it might be fun to have all the 'night after' shows. During the attitude era, sometimes better stuff happened the night after then at the actual PPV. And everyone knows that the Raw after Wrestlemania is always huge.

Speaking of which, I just got my travel package to WM30. Floor level seats at WM XXX, Floor level at Raw the next night, hall of fame ticket, Axxess tickets... will be pretty awesome. I've been to a couple of PPV's over the years (mainly back around 2000-2002. But I've never been to "the big one". Hopefully being year 30, they will do something outstanding.

edit:
Added PPV's
WWE King of the Ring 1999
WWE Fully Loaded 1999
WWE SummerSlam 1999
Tickets to 'Mania!!! Was supposed to go four years ago, but ended up getting married that year instead Confused I will make it one day. You're going to have an awesome time Big Grin

On a different note there are a few UK PPVs around that time Rebellion and
Insurrection come to mind, two that I actually went to Big Grin Might be an idea to keep an eye out for them Wink

The Raw after the PPV is the perfect DVD extra and that add-on is a great way to keep everything together. It was a long time coming but brentosmith's add-on was a godsend.
I am actually just about to add Rebellion 1999 to tmdb. (presumably not the one you are referring to though).

edit:
Just added WWE Armageddon 1999 as well. 1999 is finally done. 2 decades worth of data down.
Ah man, I am so jealous about Mania. I went a few years back (WM27) I think. It was an amazing time. WM30 should be full of surprises, and lots of looking back at previous Mania moments. The Hall of Fame should be pretty spectacular too, with Warrior likely to be inducted.

Noted abut removing the cast for PPV in 2005 & 2006, which I will get around to this weekend.

Speaking about the Raw's. I actually have most episodes saved on my computer. At teh start of this tutorial it says you can scrrape these as TV shows. However the scraper that is setup doesn't seem to have the episodes of Raw. Any ideas? Or where abouts it's referenced in the other guide?
Ya, I just checked and thetvdb. Under the name WWE Raw is War it has entries for all of 1998 and 1999. It only has a few for 1997 and the January episodes for 2000.

However under the name WWE Monday Night RAW, it has everything from the first year through 2011. But then for somereason 2012 is really sparse and it has been locked... preventing anyone from going in and adding/fixing it.

And then there are about 2 or 3 other "raw's" with various names that have less info in them.

So, as long as your episodes are pre-2012, name your show WWE Monday Night RAW, and then do a season/episode naming convention for the shows. You'll have to make sure though that your numbering lines up with the way they are entered on the website, otherwise it will scrape them wrong.
Cheers for that info. I did miss around with the tvdb, but it is pretty rubbish for Raw. I did setup a new entry, as Raw actually dates back to 1992, however it kept getting deleted, as they do not want to add wrestling to their site. TVRage looks like it has got Raw spot on, however I was having some trouble using that as a scraper. Saying that I had never used XBMC before a few months ago, so I might be able to set it up for TVRage now. Then its about getting Smackdown, Impact and Nitro sorted.
I have no idea what thetvdb's problem with wrestling is. I sort of get their argument on the ppv's... even though they are on TV... but not keeping Raw makes no sense at all. It is a TV show, indisputably.

That is great news on TVRage.

I personally have no interest in adding all the TV shows... I'll never get around to watching any of them and it is just going to take up several terrabytes of space on my media server. Which is why I oped for the Raws from the night after a PPV, as well as those "best of raw" dvd's. I've ripped the various clips from the dvd's and named them by year, which allows me to sort them by year as "specials".

At this point I'll honestly be lucky if I ever have time to even watch many of the PPV's. Once I finish this project I will likely move on to building something else... I spend more time building projects than using them.
I don't know what thetvdb problem with wrestling tv prorammes either.As Raw reminds us every 5 minutes, it is the longest running episodic tv programme lol.

I don't think I'll ever be likely to watch the tv shows again either. I used to convert them to DVD's, but tehy started to take up so much room. I think I will store them on my server for now. When I finally do get a bit short on space, I may think about deleting them then.

I suppose the 'go home shows' for PPV's might be worth keeping, that way you could have the go home show, and the show directly after the PPV as specials.
(2013-08-15, 19:26)Deano316 Wrote: It was a long time coming but brentosmith's add-on was a godsend.

Hm? What's this then?...
Living Room | Openelec | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Man Room | Windows 7 x64 | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Roaming | iPad 2 | Re-Touched Skin
Storage | WD MyCloud 3TB
just created WWE No Way Out 2000.

The site is responding very slowly right now. I will wrap up Wrestlemania 2000 later if the site speeds back up and then likely continue next week.
back to work.
Added:
WWE Insurrextion 2000
WWE Judgment Day 2000
WWE King of the Ring 2000
WWE Fully Loaded 2000
WWE SummerSlam 2000
WWE No Mercy 2000
WWE Unforgiven 2000
WWE Survivor Series 2000
WWE Rebellion 2000
WWE Armageddon 2000

2000 is done.

Working through 2001:
renamed wrestlemania 17 to WWE WrestleMania X-Seven
This is the listing for it on wwe.com, the dvd's, imdb, etc....

Reported dupe wm x-7

added:
WWE Backlash 2001
WWE Insurrextion 2001
WWE Judgement Day 2001
WWE King of the Ring 2001
WWE InVasion
WWE SummerSlam 2001
WWE Rebellion 2001... and several other sin 2001... I forgot to list them all.

Also - I noticed today we have two "Christians". William Jason Reso and Jason Reso. I am moving all of them over to Wlliam Jason Reso, as that one has more entries currently. Please use this one from here on out. thanks For that matter... there are a metric ton of dupes I've reported for removal.

2001 is finished.
Since the thread has been dead for a few days I'm making a new post to bump, instead of editting my last one like I've been doing.

Finished 2002 today. Added every PPV for the year except the Royal Rumble, SummerSlam, and WM X8, which already existed and just had to be updated. The two UK ppv's, Rebellion and Insurrextion were also added, as well as the Austrlian release (WWE Global Warning) for those who have it.

I've added the alternate names for most wrestlers as I go, so if you just type "Triple H" it will bring up Paul Levesque's profile. Hopefully adding thes ewill help curb the guys who add new PPV's from adding the fake names to the db.
Just added fanart, logo and cast (no crew yet) to WWE SummerSlam 2013. Fleshed out some of the bios in the process Wink

Edit: Before I go bulldozing through Extreme Rules 2013, quick question. I think I set up the original but it seems to have been removed or altered. I've re-added the artwork on tmdb and fanart.tv, but was wondering if the current entry has had any of your input? I had Alberto Del Rio as an alias, which is not currently the case. Just wanted to ask rather than carelessly remove your work. Also on Payback 2013 I had Chris Jericho as himself, seeing as that is the name he is using going forward.

Edit 2: Incidentally, they're still doing great synopses over on itunes. You should be able to search for any existing through your browser. Here's Extreme Rules 2013, they even have a match by match synopsis as well.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/tv-season/ww...d655624175.
Checking the change log on Extreme Rules, the only thing I have done was add the Triple H that was in use for the rest on the PPV's. I often check names, and if the same wrestler has multiple entries I go through and consolidate all of the entries to one profile and report the rest as dupes. Other than removing that Triple H and adding the Paul Levesque one, I haven't made any other changes to Extreme Rules 2013.

That said, according to the change log, someone named simian originally made the entry back on May 21st, a guy named nicogeta added Triple H to the cast, I then came and removed his Triple H and replaced it with the proper one, and then you showed up today and did all kinds of work on it.

In regards to itunes - when I clikc that link it does not allow me to see anything. It instead tells me to download i-tunes. I went ahead and looked at the synopsis you posted on the actual PPV, and assuming that it is the same one from i-tunes - then ya, that is great.

Do they have all the old PPV's though? How far back does the i-tunes ppv archive go. And when it comes to old ones, do they just have the 'big ones" from the anthologies (rumble, survivor series, wrestlemania), or do they have all of them, like the In Your House series, and the other lower level ppv's?

I finished up 2003 today.
Not sure how many they have, but that's the style to aim for. With regards to extreme rules, there were initially only five cast members on there, so it needed fleshing out. I'll spend the next few days checking artwork etc for the 2013 PPVs seeing as I've nearly got them up to date already.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial.1