• 8(current)
WIP WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial.
Hmmm, well - right now I have it grabbing the data from themoviedb live. However I will likely have to go ahead and just scrape the nfo locally and edit it, since that damn wrestlemania collection causes all my wrestlemania's to group up together and remove themselves from the sort order of the rest.

If I am going to scrape locally, then at that point I think it would be best to have sets by year, and then a sort order by date.

As I mentioned before, if I do this, I will see about creating a batch file script that can modify sets automatically. Instead of every single person having to make all those manual edits, my script would just go in and make the changes to sets and sort titles automatically.

The other thing I want to do is get logos for every ppv set up. a website called hoffco seems to have icon type logos for every single PPV. All I would have to do is download them all, turn them into PNG files, mask the background, and upload them to the fanart site. I think that would add a very nice touch to the whole thing.
(2013-09-05, 13:24)exoscoriae Wrote: Hmmm, well - right now I have it grabbing the data from themoviedb live. However I will likely have to go ahead and just scrape the nfo locally and edit it, since that damn wrestlemania collection causes all my wrestlemania's to group up together and remove themselves from the sort order of the rest.

If I am going to scrape locally, then at that point I think it would be best to have sets by year, and then a sort order by date.

As I mentioned before, if I do this, I will see about creating a batch file script that can modify sets automatically. Instead of every single person having to make all those manual edits, my script would just go in and make the changes to sets and sort titles automatically.

The other thing I want to do is get logos for every ppv set up. a website called hoffco seems to have icon type logos for every single PPV. All I would have to do is download them all, turn them into PNG files, mask the background, and upload them to the fanart site. I think that would add a very nice touch to the whole thing.

That would be very handy and save a lot of time for everyone. As I work my way backwards I've been adding PPV logos, posters and fanart at both fanart.tv and tmdb. I already have a few of the early Mania logos added and will continue to add the rest.
2009 is done. It feels good to finally be starting on this decade. it also helps that most of the 2010 PPV's seem to actually exist. Creating them from scratch is quite abit slower than just updating one.

I'll have to mess with various ways of patching the set and order info into the ppv's. If I can find an easy way to generate scripts for it, then I'll post them. Since I haven't messed with it yet, i have no idea what issues I'll run into.

edit:
wooo00000oooooooo
2010 is done.

so close!

Just finished Hell in a Cell 2011, so we are done through oct. I notice you have already started hitting some of these up Deano - which makes them go VERY fast. In a few cases I am clearing out the cast and re-entering them simply because I like having the champions at the top of the list. XBMC lists people based on their order of popularity and their order on the list. So having main event status on top allows those people to pop up first. Some of these PPV's have clowns like Michael Cole listed first..lol. he is not the main guy I want popping up under "info' when i click a ppv, haha.

Other than that I am just verifying youtube links (many are dead), making a few extra backgrounds that show in-ppv action to go along with the unchained wallpapers, and verifying various other data. Hoping to finish the rest by Monday.
Hey guys, big fan of WWE and I the majority of the PPV's and like you guys had trouble organising it.

After a lot of time consuming effort I originally forced XBMC to pretend WWE PPV's were a TV show and that it would be S1998 for PPV's in 1998 etc, then make manual .nfo files. Extremely time consuming, no nice fanart, and any new PPV's would need to be added manually. However it nicely split things up by year.

So right now, I'm kind of testing the water with the movie process. I've renamed 2013-2011 PPV's and they scrape perfectly, love it, I see you guys mentioning about having it done individually by year.

Looking at moviedb, it has Wrestlemania as a collection (despite it not being a sequel), it would probably be more suitable to have each year as a collection, I started to do this
http://www.themoviedb.org/search?query=wwe+pay+per+view

Despite that it still isn't scraping it as a collection.

What I want is each year to be a collection akin to Harry Potter for instance, thern browse through each one whilst having it seperated from my main movie collection via smart playlist exclusions etc and then the main link to them on the main menu.

I hope that makes sense, I'm not too fussed on the themes for each one, moreso for the PPV's themselves.

On a somewhat related note, I also have a few WWE DVD's, (there were a few I had that weren't on moviedb which I've uploaded such as Greatest Highflyers and Rey Mysterio Life of a Masked man (both now up), is there any way to have these in the same organisation, all in one collection, to have as a submenu on the main page.

Thanks guys, and awesome job so far. Smile
Now that we've made a start and have the superstar profiles sorted, it should be a hell of a lot easier to get the WWE DVD Documentaries and such organised. One thing at a time though, there's a bunch of artwork that needs adding before that can be addressed. If you have a few that aren't there yet, add them Wink

Great work on the PPVs exo, the finish line is in sight Big Grin

Edit: Think the rest are done. If you want to go through and alter the order of appearance that's ok with me. For most of the PPVs I filled out myself I started with the superstars in the main event and worked backwards, so in that respect I may have saved you some work. It's always good to get a second set of eyes on them in any case Smile I'm sure they can all be tweaked a bit with regards to artwork and such, but......it's done!!

@Stigmatised: The guys over at tmdb for better or worse aren't too keen on having yearly WWE collections, so don't be surprised if they get rapidly taken down. We're with you on wanting them there, but it may be a case of creating the sets locally after you've scraped the PPVs. Either way, any additions will take a couple of days to be scrapeable. If they're still up they should work fine in a few Wink
Thanks for the update.

The DVD's that I had that weren't up I have put up anyhow, there was only a few missing.

I figured out a somewhat workaround right now. I use the Smart playlist to search for films starting with WWE made in the specific year (then exclude any DVD's if they show up. For instance if Jeff Hardy, My Life My Rules shows up I would exclude anything starting with Jeff). Make it match all the rules and voila, I am just setting that as a submenu on the main menu.

Not perfect but an improvement.

Have you guys figured out a way to get the PPV's in the correct ordered date? I can have them as alphabetical, and sorting them by 'year' doesn't make a difference as they are all for example 2013. I now in sets it is easy to re-organise them.

Going back through my collection and so far it hasn't missed a PPV. I'll try find and make what fanart I can, I know the older ones are a pain to find.[/align]
WrestleMania 24, 25, 26, and 17 suddenly seem to be missing. Instead, Stigamitzed's lists for 2008 and 2009 are popping up, but the ppv isn't there. Any idea what happened to these guys? I'm not a big fan of my work disappearing like this.

Ah, I see what happened. you screwed it up stigmatized. You took the wrestlemania entries, and you converted them into collections. In the process, you totally erased the wrestlemania entry. good job buddy. I'll have the tmdb mods ban you if you continue to screw up ppv's by doing this. I have asked them to either remove your sets or undo your edits. I'm pissed right now, because either way, I get to spend several hours remaking all the custom backdrops I had created for those events because you have no idea what you are doing.

And do me, and everyone else, a favor and do *not* go back and try to add fanar to older ppv's. The fanart I have created is just fine. The only PPV's that might not be somplete are in late 2011-2012, as I haven't gotten to them yet. I do not need you going in there as I am doing just fine working through them myself at this point.
Okay exoscoriae, first off yes I did convert the Wrestlemania entries into collections, and obviously I didn't realise it removed them in the process, otherwise I wouldn't have done it. Obviously my intention wasn't to undermine the work you guys have put in. All I was attempting to do was make everything more seamless, clearly it messed things up. I still don't understand why the Wrestlemania's were originally grouped together, as it doesn't make as much sense as it being done yearly, but that was explained on the last page anyhow.

As for Wrestlemania X-Seven, I didn't touch it, as far as I can see it is still there, I only went from 2013-2008 and all of the relevant fanarts and so on should still be there, just on the main collection page itself. Again, sorry for the mistake. I understand your frustration after the amount of work you guys have put in and again, I didn't mean to go against that. I'll leave the entries themselves alone and I had not done anything else anyhow.
I do not have a problem with the fact that you created collections. the problem is that you converted the wrestlemania's themselves into collections, which means the wrestlemanias themselves do not exist anymore. Nor can i add them, because the associated IMDB # is attached to the collection. For example, go search wrestlemania 24 or wrestlemania xxiv. you won't find them anymore. You will however find a link to your "WWE PPV 2008" collection. That is because you converted wrestlemania 24 into a collection.

In order for me to fix this, I will be converting these collections back to ppv's.

In the future, if you make collections, create your own entry to make a collection. ok?

edit:
I just finished going through and restoring the wrestlemania's. The main part that had to be redone was rewriting the summaries, and fixing a few other primary details. Luckily the other info was preserved.

edit 2: 2011 is done!

Deano - for the plot synopsis that you have filled out with itunes - those look great. I have however added 1 line at the end that denotes what order the ppv was and where it was held.
I need to say guys that exoscoriae, with a bit of help from me and allsa001, has put a hell of a lot of work into getting the PPVs up to scratch. Could we ask that for the time being, you leave the editing/altering of the PPVs to us until we're done. We don't want to come across as ungrateful for help, arrogant, or just general jerks it's just that we're trying hard to get this up and running for everyone and you may unwittingly slow us down. If you do spot any mistakes, or have any alterations or additions please PM either of us and we will change accordingly. We're not mods, just striving to get your WWE content looking the best it can. With a bit of communication, we can all move in the same direction Wink

I've added this proviso to the opening page. I'd just like to apologise if the message comes across a bit harsh, that's not my intent, I'm just trying to keep things on track Wink

@exoscoriae: I later discovered that the synopsis are actually the same as found on the back cover of the official DVDs, which is great if I can find some scans of the covers. I could add synopses for the older PPVs as well Big Grin

@Stigmatised: The help is appreciated, just need to communicate a bit more so we're all on the same page. Good to have you aboard Smile
Looks like the 2012 Royal Rumble was cleared out and changed into a collection as well. Currently reverting it.

And personally, I don't find it harsh at all to request that people don't erase PPV's.

Currently working through 2013. Royal Rumble '13 had been converted to a collection and was missing. Is now fixed.

I also notice many of the dates in 2013 are wrong. I'm wondering if a time zone different is leading to people typing in the incorrect date? If in doubt please use the date on the actual poster (same as the one listed at wikipedia). other than that, I am just finding missing wrestlers from the cast section and adding them. Somebody doesn't like Cesaro very much - he is missing from almost all of them, lol.
(2013-09-09, 14:38)exoscoriae Wrote: Looks like the 2012 Royal Rumble was cleared out and changed into a collection as well. Currently reverting it.

And personally, I don't find it harsh at all to request that people don't erase PPV's.

Currently working through 2013. Royal Rumble '13 had been converted to a collection and was missing. Is now fixed.

I also notice many of the dates in 2013 are wrong. I'm wondering if a time zone different is leading to people typing in the incorrect date? If in doubt please use the date on the actual poster (same as the one listed at wikipedia). other than that, I am just finding missing wrestlers from the cast section and adding them. Somebody doesn't like Cesaro very much - he is missing from almost all of them, lol.

I think time zones may be to blame....I know here in the UK they are technically shown the day after the US because here they start at 1am. I've restored and re-tweaked the Royal Rumble synopsis from the official one Wink I guess Cesaro's 15 minutes of fame were fleeting Confused
I've been working on incorporating wrestling shows into my library as well. My solution was to divide them in to year based seasons (ex: Season 1998) of a specific show (ex: WCW Nitro Collection), and use custom NFO files to make each show and PPV a separate episode.

This makes it easier to watch everything in order. For example episode 1 might be WWF Raw, episode 2 WWF Smackdown and episode 3 a PPV, with episode 4 as another Raw. It's a lot of work but it makes everything very slick.

DVD specials are included as Season 0 (specials).
The problem with the TV method, is there is no way to scrape that info. One of the primary reasons Deano ditched the TV method, and I embraced the movie method was due to the fact that tmdb actually allowed us to enter ppv's there.

There are also heavy limitations to the way TV shows work. Each episode can not have it's own background, and that was a big problem for me.

TV sorting through custom nfos is only slick from a order perspective. Visually, it leaves a lot to be desired.
It is possible to get cover art per PPV with certain skins (Confluence Customizable Mod)

Hardware - HP Proliant MicroServer N36L 8TB / Amazon Fire TV Stick
Software - NZBget / Radarr / Sonarr / uTorrent / Plex / NZB 360

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial.1