• 9(current)
WIP WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial.
Just to give everyone a heads up, seeing as the info is nearly up to date I spent today trying to complete the artwork for the 2013 PPVs. Have one example of each type for every PPV now (I think), aside from CDart because I haven't quite worked that out yet. At least your 2013 PPVs will look awesome in any case Wink Should be up at fanart.tv over the next few hours, so check them out if you get a chance, would love some feedback. Big Grin

With regards to TV method vs. Movie method, by the time this is finished there will be no comparison. Add the theme.mp3s, and artwork for the 2013 PPVs over the next few days and then tell me the TV method is better Wink
Been working on artwork some more. The recent PPVs are fairly easy because I just have to recreate existing artwork, but the older ones are going to be a challenge Confused In case you all haven't had a chance to check it out at fanart.tv here's a sample of some of the custom PPV posters so you know what to expect. I've kept off all text apart from the logo, to maintain a clean look. Hope you guys like it Big Grin

watch gallery

Some of the official artwork I was unable to reproduce exactly because I didn't have good enough source material to work from but I think the ones I made to replace them are good enough. These posters can only be found at fanart.tv, I thought I'd keep them separate from the artwork at tmdb so the default one scraped will mostly be the official unaltered one (I think).
I just finished loading all mine. I used a script to write in the year as the set, and then a second script to add the number the PPV aired in front of the sort title. After quite a bit of tweaking, all 297 PPVs load up, look clean, have art/posters, have a proper cast/info, and are sorted by year and are listed in order of airing. *whew*.

The last touches I want to work on now are posters for each year (or possibly use the wrestlemanai poster from each year), get the theme songs running, and add relevant RAW's/Smackdowns as extras. I figure I'll add RAW's/Smackdowns that led up to a PPV to the extras of that particular PPV, however until I actually mess with it - who knows how well it will work. Worse case scenario is I just load them separately as TV shows.

I will likely knock out all the ECW and WCW PPV's over at TMDB in the near future. Ideally I'd like to have all three brands represented. TNA can suck it though, lol.
The work's not over yet Confused I'm going to carry on adding the missing artwork in my own time, so that all the different view are covered. I've already requested that they start locking the PPVs over at tmdb and I think Mec!as is going to do that. I'm going to finish the 2012 artwork and try to get a video up of it in action.

Great work though bro, you're going to need a rest after all that! Tongue

......and yes. TNA can suck it Big Grin
What missing art work are you referring to?

What missing art work are you referring to?
(2013-09-14, 21:50)exoscoriae Wrote: What missing art work are you referring to?

For those that use Nox, clearlogos, clearart, cdart, banners, thumbs are available for the different views:

http://fanart.tv/movie/205666/wwe-money-...bank-2013/

I've filled in the blanks (minus the cdart) for 2013 and half of 2012, just working my way through them. Didn't want the users limited to one view.
Hey Deano - just checked your WWE list from TMDB. It has 112 PPV's on it, however there are 297 that I have in my set and that I have created tmdb pages for. Would you like me to export my ppv list to a file for you for updating purposes?

On a side note - I went to upload some cl;ear logos to fanart.tv and it is ginving me an error that the logo must be 1px x 1px... which obviously it is (it is 320x196). So I don't know if it is an issue with chrome, the image, or what. So I guess I'll just leave extra artwork to other to work on. I will likely begin the process of WCW PPV"s this week.
I only had that issue when trying to upload SD clearlogos, the HD ones work just fine so I just stuck to making those. It's easy to downsize a HD logo, not so easy the other way around. If you have a bunch you want to upload, then report the error I'm sure it can be put right. Although I would imagine that the SD logos would be phased out at some point, pure speculation though.

There is an issue with the lists, it's not displaying all the PPVs it contains (It says it contains 367) Confused I've reported it though, so hopefully it will be put right soon. Happy to report that they've already made a start locking down the PPVs at tmdb, I've updated the synopsis, trailer and added 4 missing cast members for NOC 2013 (Don't check it straight away as one of them is a small spoiler from the PPV). Going to add an entry for the next PPV as soon as I've watched last night's show Wink
They have started locking them down? That is great news... are they starting with newer ones, or older ones?
(2013-09-16, 16:34)exoscoriae Wrote: They have started locking them down? That is great news... are they starting with newer ones, or older ones?

New to old. I asked for a partial lockdown (PPV, title, main details) so that the cast and synopsis etc. could still be altered/added in case we needed to. So far from what I can see 2011, '12 and '13 are locked. I guess it may take them a little while to work their way through all of them but at least you know they will all be locked very soon Smile
Excellent news.
Just wanna say thanks to you guys. Nice job you are doing, saved me from manual labor. Keep it up I'm sure many benefit from your efforts but don't say anything.
There are quite a few projects I have built that would have been work I was doing for myself anyways, but it made sense to go ahead and do the work in a way that it helped others. I had planned on just creating all my own nfos and art until Deano talked me into submitting it all and building out the PPVs over at tmdb. So you have him to thank for that. The irony is, I'm not a huge wrestling fan. I started this as a gift for my brother (to build him an htpc with every ppv on it). But now, due to all the work I have one, my screen name is permanently associated with tons of wrestling info, lol.

edit:
Just a heads up, all the NWA/WCW stuff from 83-89 is finished over at TMDB.
I've also posted this on the first page, here's a video of my setup in action as it is so far. It's by no means finished but just thought you'd all like to have something to reference. Excuse the quality of the video, my PC is eternally acting up and I had to take this with my phone. One day I'll get a proper capture!! Confused

The only thing I had to edit manually here was the set info (WWE PPV 2013) and the genre (Sports Entertainment), all the other info was scraped from tmdb. The white square you see is where the studio ((WWE) World Wrestling Entertainment) is missing from my skin, it is in the later versions however.
Hi,

I use XMBC with my Raspberry Pi so only use the default skin.

Can I still set my PPV’s up using the method used in the original post? I appreciate that it won’t look as good as it might using one of the other skins, but would be nice to see the details.

Thanks.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial.1