• 3(current)
WIP WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial.
Not to mention, the info on the "James Hellwig" page it totally wrong. He wasn't born in Queens, NY... He was born in Crawforsville, which is what I had entered on the Ultimate Warrior page.

(2013-08-06, 22:05)allsa001 Wrote: So we should just call him Warrior in that case lol

No, his FULL name is Ultimate Warrior. As in, if he has a kid named John, that kids name is John Warrior.

His first name, legally, is Ultimate. His last name, legally, is Warrior.

edit:
I've fixd everything back to Ultimate Warrior and removed the Hellwig bio page.
(2013-08-06, 22:07)exoscoriae Wrote: His first name, legally, is Ultimate. His last name, legally, is Warrior.

My mistake. I knew about the legal change it just seems odd to me, but that's my problem. How about the next time any of us have reservations or suggestions on any similar matters we bring it up here first and not go 'bull in a china shop' like I just did. I was in too much of a hurry and didn't check properly, apologies.

I guess for every 'Hogan' rule there is a 'Mohammed Ali' rule.

Edit: Okay the only main queries I have are with the Ed Leslie referred to as Brutus Beefcake seeing as it's only one of his in ring personas, granted it's his most well known. Also, not sure if it's one of your entries or not, but we should keep tabs on the spelling of The Honky Tonk Man's name. The extra 'e' could be deemed offensive Confused
Its fine and it has already been fixed.

I'll be working my way up from the bottom. As of right now I am in 89 and will continue in there tomorrow.

As long as we stick to using one bio for each guy, then it is very easy to change the name on that Bio.

In other words, instead of removing all the stuff from Ultimate Warrior and moving it over to James Hellwig like you had done Deano, just rename "Ultimate Warrior" to "James Hellwig". That way, if there is a problem, I can just name him back - without having to re consolidate 2 different bios.

If there are two different accounts for the same wrestler, just use the one that has more stuff attached to them. Then we can begin to move the few that are missing over and change the name to whatever is proper whenever we want. Make sense?

edit:
here is a perfect example. I was incorrect, his first name is *not* Ultimate. He is just "Warrior".... he actually has no first name anymore. Warrior is his last name.. and only name. So since I have all ppv's attached to the Ultimate Warrior bio page, all I have to do is rename that one bio, and it instant fixes all ppv's he is associated with.
Missed your update because I was in the middle of an edit Confused That sounds good to me, take a quick peek at HTM for me if you could. I'm sure we both trying to move in the same direction, great job so far Wink

Edit: Maybe we could have 'Warrior' as 'The Ultimate Warrior', just a thought.
Peek at HTM? Not following you.

I'm cool with him being Warrior, Ultimate Warrior, or The Ultimate Warrior. Any of those work for me.
Honky Tonk Man, his ring name is misspelled on the entries I saw, I've no problem correcting them.
Good catch. All fixed. Whats the vote on the Warrior's name to be?

edit: I've renamed him ultimate Warrior for now as it is difficult to find him under just "Warrior", he gets lost in the search results.
LOL, We are getting there guys. To be honest, I am not that fussed abut the spelling of the names, it's just great if we are consistent. So we are able to bring back all the events they have been in. I think I am keeping consistent, but if you see any errors, just let me know, and I will correct them. I am not bothering with the BIO's just yet, as I am trying to get the actual PPV's on there, so I can do a bit of an audit on any PPV's I am missing from my collection. But will defo help out filling in the Bios, it's all good team work.

Deano, once TMDB has a chance to update itself could you add the following events from 96 to the 'WWE Universe' List, much appreciated dude!

In Your House: Rage In The Cage
In Your House: Good Friends, Better Enemies
In Your House: Beware of Dog
King of the Ring
In Your House: International Incident
SummerSlam
In Your House: Mind Games
In Your House: Buried Alive
I understand you are working on getting all the PPV's added allsa001, however it is my goal to make sure every single PPV is complete, correct, and totally done. So yes, I do want the names to be correct after I pass over a PPV.

The idea being that as of right now, as far as I am concerned 1985, 1986, 1987 and 1988 are 100% complete and ready to go. Every detail I can find has been added, every cast member worth adding has been added (worth adding meaning, guys who were only in one or two ppv's in their career aren't worth adding), every PPV has a clean high quality poster, and at least 1 clean high quality backdrop.

If people find or make new backdrops and such for them, then that will be awesome, but at least all the details have been entered which will lead to a clean nfo file.
I don't know how you guys feel, but we could have specialized roles. I am not saying we limit ourselves to only these roles, and shouldn't enter certain fields. That would be very counter productive. But it may be a bit more efficient, if we become a little more organised about who is entering/quality assessing each section. Just an idea, let me know if yo have any thoughts.
@allsa001: '96 PPVs added Big Grin

@exoscoriae: I think the systematic method you are using is the way forward. Better to get the names right in the early going, it will pay off later on. Would like to put the B. Beefcake/Ed Leslie issue to rest as there is still a conflict as he is listed differently from PPV to PPV. Please don't feel I'm nit picking, just trying to get it right. I'll have a look through all the '85-'88 PPVs in the morning when I'm not so tired, for one last proof read. Everything looks great so far, the progress is awesome Big Grin
Beefcake should be Ed Leslie. I finished cleaning him up this morning.

Onto 89'.
@exoscoriae: Now that I've had some sleep, I went back through the '85-'89 PPVs and have a couple of queries to run by you. I can see that you've been really thorough with regards to personas etc. and names being era correct. There are a few minor inconsistencies to iron out.

Shawn Michaels: He seems to be with Flair, Austin and Hogan in that he hasn't legally changed his name but has carried his stage name into his normal life. Maybe Shawn Michaels should be listed as himself?

Monikers: Macho Man/King, The Snake, Ravishing, The Dragon, The Hitman. Have these been added to their respective owners era correctly or just omitted? It's not a major deal, but again just trying to keep the consistency level high. I've no problem editing them but as agreed am running them by you first as you may have your own valid reasons for them being the way they are.

Namely the superstars in question are: Randy Savage, Jake Roberts, Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart, Brutus Beefcake (*again*), Roddy Piper, Ted Dibiase, Jim Duggan and Ricky Steamboat. Rick Martel wasn't 'The Model' until 1990 I believe and so doesn't apply.
Just finished up 1990.

I'm cool with Shawn Michaels being listed as Shawn Michaels. I'll change him over right now. Only thing we may want to do at this point is change all of the characters names from 'Shawn Michaels" to 'Himself"

Monikers: When adding the character name, I have been adding it as it is listed for the match card on wikipedia. Wikipedia doesn't keep track of the monikers, so I have not entered any.

So someone like Rick Rude is just listed as Rick Rude, rather than 'Ravishing' Rick Rude. I am totally fine with someone going back and adding the appropriate monikers, I just don't have them in the source I am working from. I
(2013-08-07, 19:04)exoscoriae Wrote: Just finished up 1990.

I'm cool with Shawn Michaels being listed as Shawn Michaels. I'll change him over right now. Only thing we may want to do at this point is change all of the characters names from 'Shawn Michaels" to 'Himself"

Monikers: When adding the character name, I have been adding it as it is listed for the match card on wikipedia. Wikipedia doesn't keep track of the monikers, so I have not entered any.

So someone like Rick Rude is just listed as Rick Rude, rather than 'Ravishing' Rick Rude. I am totally fine with someone going back and adding the appropriate monikers, I just don't have them in the source I am working from. I

In that case I'll cover the pre '91 PPVs and adjust the monikers accordingly. I'll leave changing Shawn Michaels to you, if need be I'll just alter the 'as himself' part. I've added a few more lists to the front page. We now have lists for WWE, ECW and WCW Pay-Per-Views containing PPVs currently featured on tmdb. I've also added a list for the DVD documentary and retrospective releases for everyone's future reference Big Grin

Edit: I'm making my way through them although it's time for work shortly Confused just a quick head's up, I checked on WWE.com and all monikers appear in quotation marks: "The Snake" as opposed to 'The Snake'.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial.1