• 10(current)
WIP WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial.
(2013-09-24, 17:49)B.Moxham Wrote: Hi,

I use XMBC with my Raspberry Pi so only use the default skin.

Can I still set my PPV’s up using the method used in the original post? I appreciate that it won’t look as good as it might using one of the other skins, but would be nice to see the details.

Thanks.

The good thing about this method is that it treats PPVs the same as movies. It may not have all of the artwork, but it will have all the info and what artwork it does have should still look great Wink
Moxham:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Custom_video_nodes

You can still create custom nodes, however thewy don't get their own entry on the menu, rather they are under the video submenu.
(2013-09-24, 18:21)Deano316 Wrote:

Can I still set my PPV’s up using the method used in the original post? I appreciate that it won’t look as good as it might using one of the other skins, but would be nice to see the details.

Thanks.

The good thing about this method is that it treats PPVs the same as movies. It may not have all of the artwork, but it will have all the info and what artwork it does have should still look great Wink

Ok.

Do you still have to have the file set up in seasons or has that changed now?
(2013-09-24, 19:50)B.Moxham Wrote:
(2013-09-24, 18:21)Deano316 Wrote:

Thanks.

Ok.

Do you still have to have the file set up in seasons or has that changed now?

To have the PPVs scrape correctly, each PPV must be set up in exactly the same way your movies are. Each in it's own folder, then the main parent folder added to XBMC as a movie source rather than TV. With the exception of WrestleMania (which is suffixed bya number or set of Roman Numerals), the naming convention for all the PPVs is WWE *PPV name* *year* (year). If they are named like this or thereabouts you should be fine. Once they are scraped correctly, you can then split them into sets. Any problems either post here or PM me Wink
Cheers for the help Deano - I think I can get on board with this method.

My folder structure is currently:

WWE > WWE Pay Per Views > Year > Pay Per Views (in mp4 or mkv format)

I'm happy to shift the PPV's into folders, but can I leave them within their Year folder?
Can't see that being a problem Big Grin
Hey guys, today i designed "posters" for each year's set. I based them on covers from WWF/WWE magazine. I chose images that I felt were either reflective of the year, or just made me laugh. King Jim Duggan from 1989 is hilarious to me.

If anyone wants the posters I can upload a pack. I did 1983-2013. 83-97 were done int he older 80's chrome style wwf logo font, while 98-13 were done using the attitude style font. I made small changes to the numbers based on the style of the logos for those years, for example - form 98 - 01 there was a red border around the logo that was dropped for a more black & white style logo in 03. In 06-09 they experimented with a lot of throwback colors on their ppv logos and magazine covers, so I mimicked this on those styles as well.
Loving the fonts any idea where I could find those? It's a great cohesive theme you've come up with by using WWF/E Magazine, very creative Wink
The retro style font is bauhaus 83. gradient border, created a chromed style texture, and then added a few small lens flares.

The modern style is a font called ghostly reverie (the scratched style). for 98-2002 it is overlapped on top of a block style font that I will have to look up. The swish across the bottom was cut from a high res wwf logo wallpaper and then I bandaged up the parts that were overlapped by the W.

Only issue I am facing is I am realizing that even though they are totally seperate smart playlists, My NWA/WCW sets are considered identical to the WWE sets. In other words, all ppv's that are assigned to 1985 inherit the same poster cover. So over in my WCW playlist, I have WWF magazines as the folder covers..... Haven't figured a way around this yet.
Could you upload them to share please, thanks
Hardware - HP Proliant MicroServer N36L 8TB / Amazon Fire TV Stick
Software - NZBget / Radarr / Sonarr / uTorrent / Plex / NZB 360

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
http://www.filedropper.com/wwe
Thanks for the share bro Wink
Wow, what an amazing job you guys have done!

Sorry I ducked out half way through, and didn't add a lot to the project. I moved house, and had a nightmare getting internet sorted in my new place, and as such, I have only just got broadband up and running.

Just wanted to say a huge thanks, for all of your hard work.
Sorry to jump in late to ask a question guys. But just wondering about the ECW events I have come across that I consider to be WWE productions.

I can see that One Night Stand 2006 and December to Dismember 2006 are classed as ECW.

I know I am late in the game, but I would argue that these were nostalgic events put on by WWE, and were directed and produced by WWE, and the wrestlers involved were under contract by WWE at the time.

Any thoughts?

To be honest, ECW ceased to exist as a company way long before 2006
The PPVs completed so far are just the WWE/F ones. The others will be completed in due course, so don't panic they're all on the to-do list Wink
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WWE/TNA/UFC PPVs and Televison Shows: A tutorial.1