Solved Scraper issue
Hi there. Newbie, so don't bite me.
I have all my movies scraped with "themoviedb.org". All are fine except for four.
They all start with the name "Klucht". e.g. "Klucht - Gekke Mensen"
They are not picked up by XBMC, and if I enter "Klucht", or the full movie name "Klucht - Gekke Mensen" on the onscreen keyboard, nothing comes up.
"klucht" works fine on the "themoviedb.org" website, and they say there is nothing wrong with their API.
Any suggestions?
Update:
My findings. Hope they are right.

Foreign TV Shows and Movies are not picked up by XBMC if the movie's database does not contain full/english metadata.

TV Shows can be set, per show, to scrape in the right language with the "Change Content" button. Then they are picked up.
Can't find such an option for MOVIES.

When you edit the RELEASE YEAR into the movie in "themoviedb.org", Movies are also picked up (with a 24hour API delay).
Don't forget to also change that in your folder name..

But then XBMC only shows what's in the english field, no foreign text is selectable.

Scraper add-on design flaw?

Leo..
I just tested this movie with scraper settings for just this movie set to: keep original title, preferred language is "nl" and preferred certification is "nl". The movie was added to my library with a Dutch tagline and plot:
Quote:Tagline: Legendarische Kluchten
Quote:Plot: Gekke Mensen' gaat over drie Kerstvieringen in de keukens van drie paren; ambitieus handelaar, en zijn onderdanige vrouw jane: architect en echtbreker Geoffrey Jackson en zijn depressieve vrouw Eva.

(Apologies for any misspellings since I transribed this manually from my XBMC screen)
Hi artrafael.
You give me hope.
Did all of that here, and it DID NOT WORK.
I even removed the movies, cleaned the library, etc.etc.
There must be another setting somewhere....
I don't know how you named your movie folder and file, but I used simply Klucht - Gekke Mensen for both. I changed the scraper settings as described above for this movie's folder and ran "Scan for new content" on this folder.
I had all my movies in one single big folder. I had named movies "Klucht - Gekke Mensen.mp4", "Klucht - Een Fijn Span.mp4" etc.. That did not even pick up the movies at all.
After many trials, putting a release date in the movie in themoviedb.org, and naming the movie "Klucht - Gekke Mensen (1979)" etc., it did pick it up, but without a plot, because there's no plot in the english box.
Then I tried to put all my Dutch movies in a separate folder, to try different scraper settings for that folder. Did not work. Put it all back into the general movie folder again.
There must be other settings to get the Dutch plot that's also in TMDb to show up.
Maybe it's the latest version of XBMC, maybe it's still in some cache, don't know.
You can set the language while adding it as a source.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
When I add a new source, e.g. a different folder that is not inside my normal movie folder, or even a new drive, I can choose "directory contains".
I choose themoviedb.org. I choose settings. keep original title ticked. preferred language to NL. Certification also to NL. Ok that.
Does not work.

These are the same settings as in settings>add-ons>TMDb settings for the whole lot.

Another example. Movie "Kees de Jongen (2004)"
All TMDb settings to nl and keep original title.
Refresh movie.
Two options come up.
"kees de Jongen (2004)" and "Young Kees (2004)"
Choose the first one and the result is "Young Kees" as title with english plot. (remember that keep original title was ticked)
Choose option two and "young Kees" as title with the same english plot.
Help!
I just created a folder named "Kees de Jongen" and a file within it named "Kees de Jongen.mkv", changed the scraper settings for this folder as described above, scanned the folder for new content, and the movie was added to my library with Dutch information. Try naming your folder and file without the "(2004)".
Renamed a random video to "Kees de Jongen.mkv". Did a rescan, and IT WORKED...
Dutch title and text.
Then I put the "kees de Jongen (2004).mp4" video back that I previously had removed.
Renamed it to "Kees de Jongen.mp4". Rescan.
And... It still was ok. Dutch title and text!!

Going to try that with the rest of my Dutch movies.
I think my problem has been solved. Thank you all.
I think I did the same as I did before, but this time it worked.
Must have been old gremlins in the basement.
So I created a separate folder for my Dutch movies, made a link to that named Movies (so they end up in the same movie view), set the scraper for that link to "keep original title, language to NL, ratings to NL".
Removed the year from my movies (?). And that gave me the original title and Dutch text. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Was not happy with the separate folder, and the removal of the year, so I put it all back again, and it still worked.
Scraper add-on bugs.....
Great, glad you got it sorted! Hopefully, this will continue to work for you as you add more Dutch movies.
Yes, I have added more Dutch movies to the big movie folder, and they all worked.
artrafael: I tried your folder and removing the year method and it did not work... :-(

Wawa: Any more problems...? Is everything working fine...?
@kitaro
Please do not bring up half year old threads!

Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraper issue0