• 7(current)
chromecast
(2013-08-02, 19:10)dual_HD Wrote: I think Mpeg2 (MpegLA) patents has expried, any comments?

No. We are still having to send cheques to MPEG LA.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-2
"By 2015 more than 90% of the MPEG-2 patents will have expired but as long as there are one or more active patents in the MPEG-2 patent pool in either the country of manufacture or the country of sale the MPEG-2 license agreement requires that licensees pay a license fee that does not change based on the number of patents that have expired"
I have added initial Chromecast support to BubbleUPnP and made a video showing XBMC streaming a video to Chromecast:

https://plus.google.com/1153875848368300...EJxY36ymvr
Please if there is already something that can do this let me know. I have an XBMC machine setup for my living room tv. What I want is an app that can browse my XBMC library and stream it NOT from my phone but from the livingroom XBMC to chromecast hooked up to my bedroom TV. Ultimately I would love to just be able to use the XBMC android app and have it ask me to play it locally or to stream it.
Get another xbmc machine.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If you enable UPnP on your living room XBMC system, you can watch videos from it on an Android device elsewhere in the house. You don't even need to install XBMC on the Android device, just a UPnP client app.
(2013-08-04, 13:39)bubbleguuum Wrote: I have added initial Chromecast support to BubbleUPnP and made a video showing XBMC streaming a video to Chromecast:

https://plus.google.com/1153875848368300...EJxY36ymvr

I saw the video.. Can it stream something from a XBMC plugin? like the YouTube plugin for instance.
I have this question as well I really want an XBMC plugin or even natively that lets me stream addon videos to my chromecast.
Yes this would make it worth it for me to buy the device. Right now I have XBMC running on a devoted android device (old phone). But I would love to be able to call up a video from an addon on my daily driver phone and have chromecast play it on the TV.
Sounds like bubbleupnp is for you then.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
You can literally get a Raspberry Pi and do exactly what you guys are asking for, and you wouldn't even have any slow UI issues because XBMC would just be a UPnP/DLNA receiver. Chromecast is very old tricks done in a new package.
Someone needs to make a PiCast.
(2013-08-10, 12:31)Nu7s Wrote: Someone needs to make a PiCast.
They have, it's called Raspbmc, or openelec, amongst others.
(2013-08-10, 23:15)nickr Wrote:
(2013-08-10, 12:31)Nu7s Wrote: Someone needs to make a PiCast.
They have, it's called Raspbmc, or openelec, amongst others.

No they havn't. You would still need to change settings in order for it to work like the chromecast. It's not plug and play.
(2013-08-11, 11:31)Nu7s Wrote: No they havn't. You would still need to change settings in order for it to work like the chromecast. It's not plug and play.

vmlite are beta testing some Raspberry Pi software that acts as an airplay mirroring receiver and they are working on chromecast receiver support:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...41&t=49668

I don't know if this will be open source, or commercial (and I know nothing about the company).
Hope it goes open source so xbmc can have it lol.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
chromecast6