• 8(current)
chromecast
(2013-08-11, 15:24)popcornmix Wrote:
(2013-08-11, 11:31)Nu7s Wrote: No they havn't. You would still need to change settings in order for it to work like the chromecast. It's not plug and play.

vmlite are beta testing some Raspberry Pi software that acts as an airplay mirroring receiver and they are working on chromecast receiver support:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewto...41&t=49668

I don't know if this will be open source, or commercial (and I know nothing about the company).

Nice, that's what I was talking about.

Note to self: Buy more Raspberry PI's Big Grin
Any PC will do this.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-08-11, 21:39)nickr Wrote: Any PC will do this.

Get xbmc to do it with openelec and its sorted Smile
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Trouble is to use the code I referred to above you need google-chrome (not chromium browser) installed, and I doubt that the openelec guys are going to want to include that.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Not sure if anyone has seen or played with this yet but someone released a Chromecast Android app here. Seems to work ok for an initial release.
(2013-08-12, 19:54)brownbear1984 Wrote: Not sure if anyone has seen or played with this yet but someone released a Chromecast Android app here. Seems to work ok for an initial release.

(2013-08-12, 19:57)Nu7s Wrote:
(2013-08-12, 19:54)brownbear1984 Wrote: Not sure if anyone has seen or played with this yet but someone released a Chromecast Android app here. Seems to work ok for an initial release.

Yep that's it waiting for the kids to go to bed so i can install it on my Ouya!
I tried it yesterday with YouTube on my MK808 and it works great. Are there any other (free) apps that are supporting this at the moment?
(2013-08-13, 10:35)Nu7s Wrote: I tried it yesterday with YouTube on my MK808 and it works great. Are there any other (free) apps that are supporting this at the moment?

I thinks only youtube, netflix and Google play music and videos support it at present.
I would like XBMC to be a Chromecast receiver much like how it can receive Airplay,, it would have benefits like receiving Netflix, Youtube & webpages straight from the mobile device.... I have found the Netflix & Youtube extensions in XBMC to be clunky at best
You could install leapcast on your XBMC box, and google chrome browser. I doubt it will ever do netflix though given the DRM requirements of netflix.
Can anyone recommend a similar device for the UK ? I need to stream flash video to my tv, and install XBMC.

Thanks.
(2013-08-14, 00:26)nickr Wrote: You could install leapcast on your XBMC box, and google chrome browser. I doubt it will ever do netflix though given the DRM requirements of netflix.

Hello

How can I install leapcast on my XBMC Box?

Thank you
I don't think it is packaged by anyone yet. Simply download it - it is written in python and has a few python dependencies which are listed at the top of the fiile (see the 'import' statements). Exact instructions would depend on your operating system.
Cheapcast is now opensource

https://plus.google.com/1071303541111624...N2MEdTvpp3
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
chromecast6