no sound through hdmi any help???
hi people wondering if anybody can help,im new to xbmc and when using my laptop to the tv sound only comes through laptop only and not on tv. I have changed audio to hdmi and still does not work?
Have you configured the Audio Output Device & Passthrough Output Device towards the bottom of the audio settings to HDMI?
yes I changed audio input to hdmi and still nothing,at bottom passout device shows as error no device found
It may be your windows audio device setup (manage audio devices). Make sure the HDMI audio playback device is enabled in Windows. There is a setting on the advanced tab to allow applications to take control of this device, that should be checked. reboot to make sure it all registers.
its just when I watch xbmc there bes only volume coming out of laptop,when I watch anything else its ok??
Can you post a screenshot of your audio settings in XBMC?
hi mate cnt post a screenshot but I hav changed all settings on audio and still nothing
Other than what whitebelly suggested, i'm at a loss though it could be helpful to clearly indicate what OS version you have, what xbmc version you are running and what windows audio settings you have that work outside of xbmc.

In my case i have 2x 27" Dell monitors each connected to my graphics card via DP cables while windows7 audio settings sees my 2nd Nvidia High Definition Audio device (the second monitor which has the speaker bar) as the default device. The audio signalling is sent digitally over the DP connection (using the nvidia high definition audio drivers) but the monitor can not decode 5.1 so i set xbmc <system><settings><system><audio output> to <audio output>=analog & <speaker configuration>= 2 (stereo) and the <audio output device>= directsound:hdmi-dellu2711-2(nvidia high definition audo). This works well enough..

If i have time, i may look at how my other xbmc install is configured as my TV can decode 5.1 over HDMI but i can't remember how xbmc is set up (though it does list my POINEER in the audio output device section).
Have you looked at this thread

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

If you can't fix it yourself with the info in that thread, then you'll need to provide any a screenshot of your audio settings and a debug log.
When I had that problem, all I needed to do was restart xbmc after the hdmi cable was connected.
Yep, restarting Xbmc after connecting the Hdmi cable worked for me.
(2013-07-30, 11:08)persie1012 Wrote: its just when I watch xbmc there bes only volume coming out of laptop,when I watch anything else its ok??
You can try to disable laptop speaker in Windows control panel, set HDMI out to default in Windows control panel and then select Analog 2.o and DirectSound in XBMC.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Edit to remove erroneous post!
Very Simple

1. Start XBMC
2. Click on System
3. Click on Audio Output
4. Choose your Audio Output.
If HDMI, Scroll down till you see Audio Output Device. It is below DTS-HD capable receiver
Select the HDMI port. which should correspond with the Passthrough output device

5. You free to rock and roll.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no sound through hdmi any help???0