XBMC - Multiple Profiles
Hi guys

i am not sure if i understand the wiki correctly, yet i am sure my scenario will exist in quite a few household already.

I currently have my XBMC Frodo installed on 3 different machines, all with matching settings, and linked to a single mysql database - which works beautifully with other applications (Sickbeard etc).

Thus i am able to watch any new movies/shows i want in the evenings, and have xbmc keep track of my watched movies/shows.

My requirement is as follows :
add a secondary profile with the following conditions
* - Can have a separate sources file ( will help if i should ever need to limit to a certain genre). for now i will keep it as an exact duplicate.
* - should keep a separate "database" - eg - if my kids for example watch a tv show during the day, and i want to watch the same show in the evening via my own profile it needs to have a separate watched counter.

question on the above setup - is how does library updates happen ( eg usually library updates happend magically due to sicbeard sending the notification) - ie will the notification now cause XBMC to update both databases? If not , what is the quickest/easiest way to keep the databases all updated.

thx guys
Profiles with MySQL will always require a separate DB for each profile. Local DB can have other options, but not MySQL. XBMC will only update the profiles that are currently logged in.
(2013-07-26, 01:32)Ned Scott Wrote: Profiles with MySQL will always require a separate DB for each profile. Local DB can have other options, but not MySQL. XBMC will only update the profiles that are currently logged in.

the problem is - i have already tested this (eg creating a new profile copying sources/settings from the default but telling it to be seperate (eg not shared with default).

upon logging in on the new profile, and watching something / marking it watched, it is indicated as watched on my other profile as well (which to me indicates the same database is being used).

I have also logged in on the mysql database - only one set database/tables is being used.Confused

is there a way to indicate in advanced settings that a different database should be generated? ( guess there will be an advanced settings for each profile folder)

regards
Did you choose Separate for Media Info and Media Sources when setting up the profiles, see Profiles (wiki)
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...s#Name_tag

so you would put in <name>Something</name> along side the <user> and <pass> tags.
(2013-07-27, 11:14)jjd-uk Wrote: Did you choose Separate for Media Info and Media Sources when setting up the profiles, see Profiles (wiki)

yes i did - didn't seem to help

(2013-07-27, 12:03)Ned Scott Wrote: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...s#Name_tag

so you would put in <name>Something</name> along side the <user> and <pass> tags.

will definitely try this! Thank you Smile

have found more detailed info here as well - seems to be Frodo compatible (eg db version 75)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - Multiple Profiles0