My new toy came today.
(2013-07-26, 18:25)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Thanks for the write-up! I am glad you like it and sorry again for all the issues getting it sent out. I am glad I could make it right.

Power on from USB is a tough one with this build because the USB ports don't supply power to the IR receiver when the machine if off and the IR receiver doesn't have the power switch routed through it. I have some IR receivers that have that ability but they are disappointingly proprietary so I've been using the Inteset USB IR receiver for these builds. Honestly, I leave my HTPCs on all the time. When they are idling, especially this Atom/Nvidia build, they aren't using much in the way of power. Wake-from-USB might be a better route to take since it will use only 2-3W in sleep vs. 1W or so when off and still supplying power to USB (again, this motherboard cannot do the latter).

(2013-07-26, 05:48)j2048b Wrote: Thanks dg! Ill check him out and see what i can do as im running 3 different instances of xbmc:

2 ea OG atv 1's with openelec
1 ea mac pro running xbmc that maybecome my mysql server for both the other xbmc's...

Does he do windows, linux? Just wondering as i do like openelec... And really have gotten away from windows with mac.... But headless units would be awesome as well :)

Also might thro on playon as well for netflix and ios streaming??

We usually do the barebones and let you handle the software. Since there are so many different combinations of this and that, it'd be hard to be the experts in all things software. There have been some requests lately to also have OpenELEC installed so we're thinking on it. The OP reminded me there's might be some tweaks needed to get OE running (setting the right DFP in the config) so it might be good to have it all tweaked out of the box to make life easier.

Oh nice man! Yeah i run OE but on 2 old atv's and it is pretty easy set up for the mac type situation,
U build nice systems that are very affordable, ill check out ur web site and see what i want todo!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My new toy came today.0