New install doesn't scan video collection
I'm sure I'm missing something. Tried following the instructions in the wiki, but it looks like they're reay for another skin. When I add my media sources to XBMC nothing happens. I'm not really sure how long it should take. Maybe I just need to wait longer. Is there any kind of visual indication that my library is being scanned. I saw some instructions for selecting a media type, but I was never asked for that info.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
The skin is just for the visuals, the same process applies for all skins when adding media. After you select the folders for the source directories and press ok, another dialog should come up asking for media type(tv, movies, etc). Without a choice being made here, xbmc has no idea what kind of media it's supposed to be adding and therefore doesn't add anything. It sounds like you didn't do this step.

Go back and find the source folder in xbmc and right-click("c" key on the keyboard) and 'Change Content'.

Once done, xbmc should scan it automatically and add it to your library. There is a progress bar in the top right when this is happening.
Also, there is an option somewhere in the settings menu to "hide progress of library updates". This is not selected by default, but if you changed that setting it could be hiding the progress bar.
Thanks for the replies. I'm working on switching from YAMJ. Took me a couple of years to learn all the ins and outs of that one. Hopefully xbmc will be less painful.Big Grin
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New install doesn't scan video collection0