Anime post-processing script help
I wanted to know if someone could help me out with a post processing script i use after i download anime. It works great in combination with AniDB[Mod] scraper but the only thing it cant do, is send a xbmc json update request. I dont know what the proper python syntax would be or where to add it. I just need to send an update to only the show being updated and not a full library scan.

Here is the script Sabtoanidb. I dont know much about python scripting, so im having difficulty. Feel free to use it.

Thanks for any help in advance

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
bump...

I don't know much about JSON-RPC, but do any of these help? HOW-TO:Remotely update library (wiki)
Thanks, but my problem is that i dont know python enough to know where to integrate the commend in the script nor where to look to pull the correct info so that it wold send the update only to the specified show. I contacted the author of the script and put in a feature request but i think he just abandoned the script.

Try
Code:
os.system("some_command with args")
where "some_command with args" is some code from the page Ned pointed to, like
Code:
curl --data-binary '{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.Scan", "id": "mybash"}' -H 'content-type: application/json;' http://localhost:9191/jsonrpc
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
In which .py file would i put it?

Actually I have reread your first post and what I suggest would do a full scan so it's not quite right. I m not sure if there is a json-rpc call to update just one file.

You would put it in your script at the point you want to do a scan.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I know what command to put for the update of just one file, what i dont know is what variable in the script holds the folder name of the show so i can plug that variable into the script.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anime post-processing script help0