Win Internet speed
Hi all I am new here and am just staring to use xbmc .
I do not have a lot of computer skills but I was able to get some stuff to work but when I am trying to use The free cable I am getting a lot of buffering but not on others like hulu is working great . So I am not sure if my internet speed is fast enough to run this for long term use . Where I live I do not Have very many choice for TV services or the Internet the only way we can get are internet is satellite . I just went on there web sight and here is what it says on there speed .
•4G Wireless Network
•Download speed - 1.5 Mbps
•Upload speed - 1.5 Mbps
Get your internet service up to speed with ClearSky Systems wireless internet solutions. Always connected, always ready to upload and dowload at speeds up to 756 kbps/sec. Stay ahead with today's fatest wireless technology available anywhere. With our new 4G network available now you will be able to surf the internet at speeds up to 10 times faster than current 3G networking.
I have no idea what that is and if that is fast enough or not I was thing of call them to see if I can get it faster
Can some one help me
I would love to get rid of direct TV
Thanks Dave
Welcome to the forums, XBMC is a media manager and player and we don't talk a lot about 3rd party streaming services here, even though XBMC handles You-tube, and some of the other web streaming services it's fraught with legal issues. (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124647&page=7) Yours is a 'special' case, being your first contact and few alternatives, and given your bandwidth I doubt that you'll have much luck with streaming sources other than what you have seen. Your internet connection is good for browsing web pages with light graphic usage, but you can pretty well pass on anything HD and unless you're prepared to download content, the buffering on most streams will be horrific.

Should you have a collection of movies or videos, XBMC does handle this content well, and add-ons like pseudoTV will give your content a cable TV feel. Shopping bargain bins for disk content is a good way to populate a HTPC, and there are some good capture software that can save the content you do receive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet speed0