Req Request ability to attach smart playlists to custom buttons without difficulty
I'd like to see if possible in the next update for Frodo or Gotham the ability to attach smart playlists to custom buttons without the files from said playlists also appearing in the regular libraries for TV Shows and Movies as it's a total pain in the ass having to remove said items from custom playlists from said rgeular libraries for TV Shows and Movies.
Aye, there's definitely interest in this from the Team. We've got things like smart playlists and custom library nodes, but to really make them shine they need to easily be configured from the GUI and have some forum of customization in the skin and home screen.

A lot of skins already to a great job on this, and it wouldn't be hard to copy those same methods to the default skin. However, the last discussion I saw about this was playing around with a more universal method. Something that would work across different skins without having to set up custom home items for each skin.

I'm not sure what the status on this is (so many ideas, only so many hours in the day, etc), but it's definitely something I'm looking forward to :)

There might even be some work started on this for people who want to help develop it. I'll ask around.
(2013-07-27, 23:58)Ned Scott Wrote: Aye, there's definitely interest in this from the Team. We've got things like smart playlists and custom library nodes, but to really make them shine they need to easily be configured from the GUI and have some forum of customization in the skin and home screen.

A lot of skins already to a great job on this, and it wouldn't be hard to copy those same methods to the default skin. However, the last discussion I saw about this was playing around with a more universal method. Something that would work across different skins without having to set up custom home items for each skin.

I'm not sure what the status on this is (so many ideas, only so many hours in the day, etc), but it's definitely something I'm looking forward to Smile

There might even be some work started on this for people who want to help develop it. I'll ask around.

I hope they can do this, especially for anime fans as it would definitely make their lives a lot easier when it comes to having custom sections for stuff like that as well as Tokusatsu (Japanese superhero shows) plus it's seriously frustrating that when creating smart playlists for stuff like anime and hentai, you have to disable the TV Shows and Movie buttons for the custom buttons to work and if you want to add regular TV Shows and Movies, you have to create new buttons for those (I guess).

Also, if it's possible, is there any chance of having any separate ready-made sections for anime and anime movies to go alongside the TV Shows and Movies sections in future versions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request ability to attach smart playlists to custom buttons without difficulty0