Win Add-on could not be loaded - NextPVR
I've spent much of the day trying to get PVR setup on my Windows 7 based HTPC. I have been using MCE's live TV feature, which actually works very nice; however, I prefer XBMC for everything else and would like to have a one-stop-shop if possible.

I setup NextPVR without any issue (after getting the proper decoders setup). I'm pretty sure the NextPVR backend is working correctly as I can both watch live TV in NextPVR GUI and also through the server using VLC (connecting to the server using the following source: http://127.0.0.1:8866/live?channel=XX).

The issue that I run into is getting the NextPVR add-on to enable in XBMC (v12.2). I have followed the steps outline in the Wiki, but I get the following error message when I attempt to enable the NextPVR addon and the Live TV option selected: "Add-on could not be loaded: An unknown error has occurred. Check the log file for details." The corresponding log file is located at the end of the post. I've verified that the NextPVR plugin is configured according to my NextPVR setup: server address (127.0.0.1 as it is running locally), port (8866), and passcode (0000).

I have tried installing some of the patches for NextPVR (like patching the NShared.dll), I've reinstalled XBMC, and I've reinstalled NextPVR, none of which worked.

At this point it time, I'm not sure what else to try. Does anyone have any suggestions?

(MOD EDIT: Removed log pasted directly in post)

(MOD EDIT: You can find the full log message at http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=40267)
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Please do not paste log contents directly in post, as this creates too much clutter on the forums, especially for those viewing via mobile devices. Instead, please upload entire debug log (wiki) contents to a public paste site such as www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL here. Thanks.
(2013-07-28, 08:13)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Please do not paste log contents directly in post, as this creates too much clutter on the forums, especially for those viewing via mobile devices. Instead, please upload entire debug log (wiki) contents to a public paste site such as www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL here. Thanks.

I'm sorry, I was unaware of the policy. The post has been modified accordingly.
I'd remove XBMC completely including deleting C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\ and start again. Definitely don't use the old patches that aren't correct for 2.6.2 and let XBMC install the nextpvr addon.

Martin
(2013-07-28, 23:14)emveepee Wrote: I'd remove XBMC completely including deleting C:\Users\Home\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\ and start again. Definitely don't use the old patches that aren't correct for 2.6.2 and let XBMC install the nextpvr addon.

Martin

That seemed to do the trick. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on could not be loaded - NextPVR0