VPN (Witopia)
I wonder if anyone can help and assist me. I would like to know if it is at all possible to set up a VPN on XBMX. I am currently using Witopia as my VPN provider, but willing to change if XBMC requires something different.

I mainly want the VPN so that I can watch BBC iPlayer, and as I am currently out of the UK, I need to use a VPN.

I have tried searching all the forums here, but I haven't been able to find anything, so I do apologies if this has been posted before.

Thanks for any help.
This has to be done in the underlying OS, because XBMC does not actually manage the network connections itself...
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Doesn't appear so:
Witopia FAQ

Will the VPN service work with my PS3, Xbox, Apple TV, and programs like Boxee?
If you need to plug in a device that does not have a VPN client, such as a PS3 or Xbox, you should look at our CloakBox™ VPN router.

I use Astrill and they have the ability to install a VPN applet on a DD-WRT / Tomato capable router. Anything that connects to the router therefore is routed through the VPN. That's how I use my AppleTV here in China.
Ah, right - forgot about that one (despite the fact that I'm using it myself on my openwrt router, duh)
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VPN (Witopia)0