Catch seek event
Is there a way to do subj?
As you can see here, there is an onPlayBackSeek event...
Can it be used from a service or from an usual plugin too?

Can I provide an URL to be opened on seeking instead of trying to seek a file from network?
(2013-07-28, 14:06)ololoe Wrote: Can it be used from a service or from an usual plugin too?
Normal plugins are not running in the background all time. So they cant react on player events.
Same as i told you a few days ago...

(2013-07-28, 14:06)ololoe Wrote: Can I provide an URL to be opened on seeking instead of trying to seek a file from network?
I dont really understand what you are talking about. When the user seeks, you wanna stop the playback and play another url?
(2013-07-28, 16:29)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: I dont really understand what you are talking about. When the user seeks, you wanna stop the playback and play another url?
If you take a look on network communication of a flash player, you'll see that on seek they request something like video.flv?start=%timeinseconds%. Sometimes XBMC can seek those videos by itself, sometimes not (like those in twitch archive).
(2013-07-29, 00:03)ololoe Wrote: If you take a look on network communication of a flash player, you'll see that on seek they request something like video.flv?start=%timeinseconds%.
Only the specific flash player knows what to do with this "start" parameter. How should xbmc know anything about it.

Edit: I misread it first that its a swf parameter, but it directly affects the file size. So this should work via your seeking service script...

(2013-07-29, 00:03)ololoe Wrote: Sometimes XBMC can seek those videos by itself, sometimes not (like those in twitch archive).
Then, these streams maybe are non-conform...
That are files, not streams. And all files are non-conform in some kind because they are not intended by their hosters to be seeked online. Instead, maybe all players use the way I mentioned above.

For an example - go to twitch, find some stream archive and use this service to get archive urls (url have to begin with twitch.tv/b/ or twitch.tv/c/).

(2013-07-29, 01:30)AddonScriptorDE Wrote: Only the specific flash player knows what to do with this "start" parameter. How should xbmc know anything about it.
As usual - from plugins.
This is called "Flash Pseudo-Streaming". It is not a real standard and afaik not supported by XBMC.

Here is a Link
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2013-07-29, 23:11)sphere Wrote: This is called "Flash Pseudo-Streaming". It is not a real standard and afaik not supported by XBMC.

Here is a Link

That's exactly what I mean. Can you add it? Otherwise flv players can seek - and XBMC not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Catch seek event0