VRC 1100, Change Input Source, Use Roku3
I stopped buying universal remotes when the prices of those things rose over $100.

We have the latest Windows Media Center running in Windows 8 and we watch most of our TV (brand LG, model, 37LG30) from there. The remote that works for nearly everything is the Windows Media Center Remote (model VRC 1100) pictured below. Unfortunately, we seem to have to use both sensors also pictured in order to use it completely, but that is not a huge deal.

PICTURES: http://screencast.com/t/ewAwHCPuOkZ

What is a big deal is the fact that we occasionally want to use our Roku3 which requires us to change the input source with the TV remote, and then use the Roku3 remote to navigate.

1. Is there any way to get the VRC 1100 media center remote to work for changing the input source, and/or controlling the Roku3?
2. Alternatively, is there a good universal option that won't require a huge expense?

Assistance is greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Not sure I understand where XBMC fits in this scenario.
I found this forum and joined because it turned up in a google search for "map vrc 1100". This may be the wrong place and I would be grateful for any other suggestions.
(2013-07-28, 19:01)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Not sure I understand where XBMC fits in this scenario.
The mapping discussed here is usually about modifying key definitions in an XBMC XML file so a given keypress will perform a given XBMC funciton.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VRC 1100, Change Input Source, Use Roku30