Moving hard drives to different hardware vendors
Hi guys,

I've had a zotac zbox ID42 which has suddenly stopped working, due to my feelings towards zotac regarding this poor product (6 weeks uptime), I'm looking at a different vendor. How easy would it be to simply put the hard drive in a different system? P.S. can anyone recommend none zotac hardware (ideally with audio bitstreaming and fast). I've been using a generic build of openelec.
Good chance it will work, more so because youre using the generic build. Have you looked at the Intel NUC's as a replacement?
Excellent! I've purchased a SATA to usb thing anyway, so I can always restore the config files. The NUC looks nice, no nvidia graphics cards though, so no bitstreaming. I've been looking at the lenovo boxes too, but similar problems bitstreaming. Given how desperate I am to get my XBMC running again I might have to bite the bullet and just do without the bitstreaming capabilities. Thanks anyway though; I'll do more investigation into the NUCs, see if any suit my needs.
AFAIK the NUC, and Intel HD GPUs do bitstream with OE.
nuc will bitstream hd audio but you won't get 23.976 playback until the haswell nuc comes out.
Just noticed it needs msata too, which means I'd need a new hard drive. I had my finger on the buy button then, hehe...
Went with the i3 NUC and got an msata drive too. I'll let you know how I get on; not the cheapest thing I've ever bought; but cheaper than the zotac and hopefully more stable too. Thanks for the help guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving hard drives to different hardware vendors0