My XBMC setup
EDIT: to stop my own convoluting of this thread, I will just update the first post with newer pictures. Seems the sensible thing to do.

Specifications are below. Pictures aren't the sharpest, but my phone is the best camera I have right now, so they'll have to do.
(I was watching "All your history are belong to us" on YouTube when I took these)

Main viewing area as seen from the right:

Main viewing area as seen from the left:

Main seating area (with my old, crappy surround speakers, which have since been replaced):

Main multimedia sources (and new center speaker):

AVR:

Specs:

TV - Sony KDL46HX850. Very nice picture quality, especially for a LED. The TV is wall-mounted with a Vogel's EFW 6345 PLUS.

HTPC - Asrock Vision 3D (137B), running Frodo 12.3 with the latest Aeon Nox.

Sound - Upgraded to a Marantz NR1403, because I really like the sleeker look of these slim AVRs. Paired it with the Teufel Consono 25 Mk3 set, in white.. I have a fairly small apartment, so this thing already makes the dishes rumble in the cupboard. Also, there's a Sennheiser RS 180 headphone for whenever rumbling dishes aren't an option.. In keeping with the space age vibe of the room, the base connects to the AVR with a coiled cable. Nothing screams retro like a coiled headphone cable.

Remote - Logitech Harmony One / Yatse on an ASUS Transformer Pad 300 (TF300T). On the center speaker you can see an HP USB ir-receiver from eBay, because the built-in receiver was too limited. Also upgraded to a Logitech K830.

Storage - Not pictured is a Synology DS213j, rocking two 4TB Western Digital Reds.

Gaming - There's some emulators on the Asrock and there's an Xbox 360 E with part of a vinyl skin for more retro styling. Faux-woodgrain front panel, I love those.

I put the Lego VW T1 Camper Van on the sub, because it is awesome. The lavalamp is a Mathmos Telstar. The Goomba on the door is part of a set of Re-Stik wall stickers by Blik.

You can also see I don't like cables, but due to this being a rented apartment, I have to settle for cable ducts, instead of fully concealing them in the walls. Oh well. There's a light at the back of the tv, which is just a dimmable, tubular bulb. Nothing fancy, but it still sets a nice mood AND does its job as a bias light.
Well thought out system. Very nice
Where did you get the tv stand? Looks great, although I would probably remove the wheels myself.
(2013-07-28, 23:12)Jetster Wrote: Well thought out system. Very nice

Thanks! I did have the luxury of starting from scratch when I moved in here, happy to know it shows! Wink

(2013-07-28, 23:32)zag Wrote: Where did you get the tv stand? Looks great, although I would probably remove the wheels myself.

I got it from a Dutch store that has since gone out of business. But it was a store quite similar to this one. Don't know if that'll help you at all, but there it is.

Yeah, the wheels lend a kind of 'office' feel, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it. They're also practical whenever I need to get to the cabling mess behind it.
Very nice and clean!
(2013-07-29, 21:38)longsh0t Wrote: Very nice and clean!

Thanks! But I still have a long way to go before I have a house full of XBMC, like you do! Wink
Love it, clean and tastefully done.
I keep hearing that European homes are smaller than American ones, yet you guys always seem to manage setting aside a dedicated room for your home theater. I'm jealous. How do you do it? Smile

Beautiful setup, BTW. I like the minimalist look.
i don't think it's a dedicated room,
it's the living room
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Yes it's definitely the living room
beautiful home beautiful setup
I like the sofas!

Your abit far away from the Screen arn't you?
Hey, bit late to this discussion, but is it possible you could get another shot at this angle: http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x214/...db931d.jpg

But with XBMC running?
(2013-08-25, 19:51)MediaPi Wrote: Yes it's definitely the living room
beautiful home beautiful setup
I like the sofas!

Your abit far away from the Screen arn't you?

Yes, it's very much the living room. It's only a three room apartment, so my options are kind of limited.

From the seating position to the screen is just over 3 meters and the missus always gets angry when I comment on how small the screen looks. Also, the wall mount extends, like so:

This is especially useful when splitscreening Blur. Big Grin
____________________________________________________________________________________

(2013-08-27, 02:05)natethomas Wrote: Hey, bit late to this discussion, but is it possible you could get another shot at this angle: http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x214/...db931d.jpg

But with XBMC running?

Snapped a quick few:

(EDIT: Man, that table is dirty! Wink)
Little upgrade -- got a new Xbox 360 E, sooo much sleeker! Also switched R2 for a VW Beetle. They'll now take turns holding down the sub.

360 E:

Beetle:

Big Grin *thoroughly enjoying it all* Big Grin
Moar updates!

Gave the Xbox and the AVR a little retro flavor:

Also got new speakers: the Teufel Consono 25 Mk3, in white. WAY better than the Denons I had before. (You think you bought something with quality, and then Denon delivers those tinny one-way boxes of crap..! Confused)

And storage was upgraded to a Synology DS213j, rocking two 4TB Western Digital Reds.

Put the Lego VW T1 Camper Van on the sub, because the Beetle is now too big (new sub is smaller than the previous one).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My XBMC setup0