Video and Audio go out of sync, lots of logging noise
Hello,

I've got two separate issues using NextPVR.

First of all, my setup:

Streaming Server: NextPVR 2.6.2 on Windows 7
Client: Raspberry Pi, running OpenELEC 3.0.6

Everything seems to work fine, except, when I watch Live TV for longer periods of time, video and audio are slowly starting to run out of sync. The only thing left to do here is switch to another channel, and then switch back to the channel you were watching, which seems to reset it until it starts to slowly run out of sync again.

Is anyone else experiencing this? And if so, is there a fix for this?

Second issue. Looking at:

/storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

It is full of the following entry, with a new one being added about every 5 minutes:

07:26:23 T:2947015776 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
07:26:24 T:2824844384 ERROR: CPVRManager - UpdateItem - no channel tag provided

This happens even if the Pi is (supposedly) idle. Not sure whether this issue is specific to NextPVR, though, but it's really undesirable behaviour.

Any help with either of these issues would be much appreciated!
NextPVR doesn't do any sophisticated file processing, it just streams an mpeg-ts broadcast stream to XBMC and relies on XBMC to keep sync.

Try emptying your PVR database in Live TV Setup on XBMC to see if that cleans it up when it resets.

Martin
(2013-07-29, 06:43)emveepee Wrote: NextPVR doesn't do any sophisticated file processing, it just streams an mpeg-ts broadcast stream to XBMC and relies on XBMC to keep sync.

Try emptying your PVR database in Live TV Setup on XBMC to see if that cleans it up when it resets.

Martin

Thanks, I'll give this a go later. I've just set up Live TV on my other XBMC machine (AMD FM2 platform running OpenELEC Generic 3.0.6), and have started a channel a while ago, just to see whether I get the same problem as I do on my Pi. I'll check when I get back in a couple of hours, and then I'll try clearing the PVR database on my Pi. I'll report back when I got some results.

[Edit]

Didn't notice audio and video going out of sync on my AMD platform, so this might only apply to the Raspberry Pi.

I've tried emptying my PVR database on the Pi, but is this supposed to cause a reboot? That's what it did, so I'm not actually sure whether it did anything or not. Have watched TV again for a little while now, and I can already see audio and video going out of sync again. Sad
I personally don't bother with my RPi as an XBMC, it's not bad just too many little annoyances in comparison with all the other clients I have.

Martin
Try Openelec 3.1.5 it has the latest firmware fixes for audio/video sync issues
(2013-08-05, 06:43)emveepee Wrote: I personally don't bother with my RPi as an XBMC, it's not bad just too many little annoyances in comparison with all the other clients I have.

Martin

Got it for an area the kids play in that's got an oldish TV with a broken tuner. Didn't really want to invest much for that purpose, that's why I finally gave the Pi a go. Actually gotten it to work sufficiently now with a different TV backend, it's doing all that's needed there.

(2013-08-06, 08:43)Jönke Wrote: Try Openelec 3.1.5 it has the latest firmware fixes for audio/video sync issues

Thanks. I'll definitely make the switch as soon as 3.2 comes out, but for now, it's actually all working for me. Haven't actually checked the logs, need to check whether that's a problem still.

Edit: Seems the logging noise has gotten a lot worse with the new backend. Sad

Thanks for the input, guys!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video and Audio go out of sync, lots of logging noise0