Linux Black Pixels / Outlines Problem Nvidia XBMCbuntu
I've been looking on the forum to a solution for this, but can't seem to find one.

I had an old install of XBMC which worked perfectly, until one day it wouldn't boot, so I have just wiped the drive and installed the newest version of XBMCbuntu, which is 12.2 I believe. The PC is a HP MicroServer with a Nvidia GT210 graphics card.

For some reason I am getting a lot of black pixels, not just in video playback, but on the all screens and even bootup. I cannot work out what is causing this, and have no idea how to go about fixing it. Note that the pixels are not fixed, it depends what image is showing, they seem to appear at the edges of things.

Here is a photo of the issue I am experiencing.

What I have done is the following tests.

Please note that the output from the graphics card is going into a HDMI to YPbPr converter, which was used with the old setup also and worked perfectly.

So, I have tried connecting two other devices through the converter using the same cables, they work perfectly.

I have tried changing the HDMI cable, YPbPr cable etc, does not fix anything.

The XBMCbuntu machine does work perfectly connected to a different TV and monitor directly through HDMI, but the main TV is old hence why the converter is required.

Connecting the PC through the converter into a different TV also results in the same issue.

Now, this may sound like it is the converter, but I am 100% it is the graphics configuration on the XBMCbuntu machine due to the above tests, and the fact that it worked perfectly with the old version.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to try and fix this?
Those converters are "stupid" in general and I don't think it is capable of switching between limited and full color range. HDMI in general uses limited color range but computer graphics use RGB full range.
I would try setting NVidia driver to limited color range.
(2013-08-03, 22:12)FernetMenta Wrote: Those converters are "stupid" in general and I don't think it is capable of switching between limited and full color range. HDMI in general uses limited color range but computer graphics use RGB full range.
I would try setting NVidia driver to limited color range.

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately I'm not too sure how to go about setting that in XBMCbuntu?
Just to update this, I've now installed Windows on the PC, at first the same issue was experienced during bootup and on the desktop, however once the Nvidia driver was installed, the issue no longer occurred and the picture is fine.

So now I know that it has to be an issue with the XBMCbuntu setup I have. Just looking for a fix...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Pixels / Outlines Problem Nvidia XBMCbuntu0