cant change internet on a jynxbox.
I installed linux on the jynxbox but now i cant change internet settings. It let me change it when i first started up but once i chose something it would not let me choose anything else.
now when i go to internet settings it doesnt even bring up the popup menu
Any help here?
Are you referring to the XBMC network settings page? Or the one provided by your Linux distro (if so, which one is it)? Or a native jynxbox network settings page?
the xbmc. Because the Jynxbox boots directly to XBMC. I didnt know there was any other for it besides the geeksquad linux distro that boots directly to XBMC.
When i go into the XBmc settings and go to internet it doesnt allow me to change the network to a different wireless or to ethernet once it is set the first time. i know on the Pivos you have to go to the pivos skin to change. However on the Jynxbox there is no other skin
Seems to me it's something you need to set in the OS. Have you tried exiting from XBMC? I know in XBMCbuntu, if you exit from XBMC, you get the log-in window which allows you to switch from the XBMC session to the Linux desktop environment where you can access the OS directly. Maybe it works the same way with this distro? If all else fails, you can try asking on the support forum for this distro how to change network settings.
You can't exit Xbmc it shuts down that's it there is nothing else.
What about the last sentence in my previous post?
To the OP, you have a hardware/distro problem that really doesn't belong on the XBMC boards, as it's not an XBMC issue. I'm not meaning to sound rude, but that's the way it is.

You can always drop to a shell CTRL+ALT+<F1-F6> to get CLI access and diagnose/change things there.
It's in Xbmc it's on every jynxbox I have done.
(2013-08-03, 01:48)ilovemymac Wrote: It's in Xbmc it's on every jynxbox I have done.

Yes, but network adapter settings/selection are handled by the operating system. XBMC is an application, not an operating system. Ergo, you need to take care of this in Linux. That's why I've twice previously suggested getting help from the forums for your Linux distro.
What forum? I only find one for pivos nothing for jynxbox or geek squad.
Not here, on the Internet. If that Linux distro came pre-installed with the Jynxbox, then try contacting the latter for support.
Ive had the same problem, the only solution I found was to reset the box and reinstall at the new location which is not very convenient,if you head over to j1nx support forum you will see that a suggestion is to change the SSID, I don't think this is possible once setup but worth ago.
I know with the pivos you have to change skins. But changing skins doesn't work with the jynxbox it still doesn't allow you to change the Internet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cant change internet on a jynxbox.0