pvr plugin gets no livetv from working mythtv backend
Its a long time since I used my pvr-150 (so old tech!) but I am pretty sure that if you are encoding interlaced material it will stay interlaced. Interlace settings are accessed during playback - press ok and arrow to the video settings.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Could you be more specific? The settings under Video don't have a interlace one. And I don't know how to get anywhere during playback except via the normal banner menu.
When playing a video, press ok and then use the arrow keys to get to video settings. Interlacer is the first item on the menu. can't get a more simple explanation.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
there is no 'ok' to press, not in the xbmc window, nor on my keyboard. Tongue
Keyboard is enter I think. I was referring to what I do on a remote.
Okay, got it, its the little film reel icon. Deinterlace was already off, and normal zoom. Everything looks pretty basic. Thanks for letting me know where that was, Nick. Smile
Yeah the exact icon is theme dependent. Glad you found it.
BTW, just to clarify, the other plugins do not stutter or break up.

I tried to get tvheadend to work, since it is cleaner and simpler to set up than myth, but it doesn't handle analog cards. (I was able to tune frequencies, but it was not interpreting the stream correctly or something and I got no sound and alot of static).

Video plays well too. This is just the mythtv part. I wish I could help more to figure it out, mythtv + xmbc would be an awesome combo for the house.
I just tested both versions of mythtv backend, 0.25 and 0.26, same symptoms for both with the cmyth plugin.
I have had best luck with openelec 3.06 against mythbackend, you could try that on a usb stick. Personally though I use mythfrontend for recordings and xbmc for movies and ripped tv.
Well the idea here is to have a pvr/nas box running all the time, so I don't have to leave my desktop machine on all the time.

It will stream recordings and livetv to the 3+ other computers in the house, all running windows, most 7.

None of them are traditional tv or home theater setups, though I want that as possible in the future.

So I'd like to get this working on windows 7 as an ordinary application. I really really liked tvheadend, a friend has his set up that way, but it specializes in dvb's, digital tv, which I don't have any of right now, just analog cable tv. (We have two 32"ers, but they are being used as computer screens) So, mythtv works great so far by itself, but the windows port of mythtv for the front end feels very clunky, not as beautiful as xmbc, plus xmbc offers the possiblity of adding my movie rips to it under videos, and audio rips and mp3's as well.

So... getting cmyth working would be friggen awesome.
I had another look into your log today and compared it also with what I get on my machine.

For every requested video packet from the backend, XBMC's player complains about:
Code:
15:27:10 T:5656   ERROR: ffmpeg[1618]: Truncating packet of size 2024 to 685

Can you please check the following points (and if possible upload a log for each (logs again with 'Include more debug information' enabled)):
- Play an existing recordings using the pvr addon and see if that stutter as well?
- Copy an existing recording to the local disk and access the file directly without using the addon but XBMC's video file browser (Videos on the main menu)
- Also I'd be interested if XBMC pre-Gotham builds behave any better (since there were some changes in ffmpeg): http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/win32/...alpha6.exe (recent version of the mythtv addon is included)
Here is the alpha xbmc log, it definitely shows the ffmpeg errors:

http://pastebin.com/qQcSegN3

I am making a recording right now, when its done I'll play it both ways. Do you want alpha logs of those?
Thanks, but that's still a Frodo log:
Starting XBMC (12.2 Git:20130502-32b1a5e), Platform: Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, build 7601
Please make sure that you're running the installed pre-Gotham version (version info should be visible also somewhere in settings->system information.
It should say: '13.0-ALPHA6'.

Yes I'd be interested in Frodo and pre-Gotham logs for the recording playback.
Oh bugger. guess it got confused, I'll uninstall and reinstall. after I play the frodo one and get logs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr plugin gets no livetv from working mythtv backend0