Req Support for one-time URLs for thumbnails returned from addons
When we are interfacing with an OAuth API, the signed URLs we pass to XBMC are valid only once. XBMC sometimes does several requests, which should not be needed, and this poses a problem since only the first request will succeed.

For example, when using these URLs for the 'thumbnail' attribute of a ListItem, XBMC will perform several requests to fetch the image. An HEAD request, followed by one or more GET requests. This does not work. It would be nice if XBMC could keep its requests to a minimum. A GET request produces the same headers an HEAD request would, so it is not necessary to repeat this process.

For playing media, I understand that a permanent URL will be needed in order to seek, etc, but for thumbnails I think we can live without them.
Doing a HEAD request before doing a GET request is pretty common when it comes to media files because it allows to prepare for what will be received in terms of buffer/memory size etc.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
But you receive those same headers when you do the GET. Why not prepare then? Can't you read the headers, prepare, and read the body of the response afterwards?
Another solution, perhaps better, would be for CreateLoader to support "plugin://" URLs and fetch a new URL whenever a new request needs to be made. The addon could then supply a fresh URL.

I also have this problem with the SlideShow component. It forces me to supply a direct URL (http://, for example) as the "path" component. Even if the nonce was not being checked, these URLs have a certain lifetime. It's highly likely that they would expire while the user is viewing the slideshow and then further images cannot be displayed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for one-time URLs for thumbnails returned from addons0